Chicken Molo Soup
One of my favorite dish that my wife cooks. Its her specialty inherited from her great grand mother. My favorite part of the dish is the siomai, it taste really awesome specially dipping it to a soy sauce with chillies and lemons. I think every time my wife had a family gathering in their house, this dish was never been missed. A great starter for any meal or even the best “finisher meal” for a drunk party goers. A zip of its hot soup can kicked your hangover and headaches. . . . . Did you now that this soup has a healing power, because it is cooked with lots of garlic and onions. As we know, Onions contains protein, calcium, sulfur, vitamin A, B complex, C and E. They contain sulfur compounds and have anti-inflammatory effects. Like garlic, onions have the antibiotic oil- allicin, which gives them their pungent flavor. And Garlic-has powerful antibiotic, antiviral and antifungal properties . Is being used for boosting the immune system, lowering blood pressure, assisting in treatment of heart disease, and cancer and lowering cholesterol.
ingredients: serves 6-8 persons
- 2 tbsp oil
- 30 pcs molo wrapper (save 5 sheets)
- 1/2 kilo chicken breast
- 250 grams chicken liver
- 1.5 cups bread crumbs
- 100 grams cooked peeled shrimps
- 1.5 liter water
- 2 medium onions
- 2 pcs eggs
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk of chives minced
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- chopped onion leeks
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- In a large sauce pan, boil chicken breast with salt & pepper and water for 15 minutes. let it cool, drain and shred the chicken and set aside the stock.
- In a mixing bowl, pour in shredded chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil, shrimps, chives, eggs and bread crumbs. mix well. place a spoonful mixture and gently roll over to molo wrapper. wrap dampling style or siomai style wrapping. makes 25 pcs or more depending on your desired size. set aside
- In a large saucepan. heat oil and saute garlic and oni, pour in chicken liver and brown for about 5 minutes. add in chicken stock and chicken siomai mixture and cook for about 5 minutes. season with salt & pepper and adjust taste by adding fish sauce. add in 5 sheets molo wrapper by tearing into small pieces. serves as our thickening agent.
- Served hot and enjoy!
Posted on November 10, 2011, in Chicken, Mains, Noodles, Snacks, Soups and tagged chicken molo soup, chicken soup, molo soup, Pancit Molo Soup. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
Very awesome blog !! I couldnt have wrote this any better than you if I tried super hard hehe!! I like your style too!! it’s very unique & refreshing…