Beef Brocolli with vermicelli noodles
A favorite dish on chinese-hongkong takeaways……. Broccoli is one my family’s favourite vegetable. It’s easy to cook, sometimes we just boil or steamed it then dip to soy and chilli sauce. I remember back home, we use to order this on a famous Chinese restaurant in the Philippines. We are wondering how did they cook the beef, because it is very tender. Then I learn from school that we can use soda or sprite as a softener for hard meat like this. Just soak the meat into soda for 5-10 minutes or longer if you desire. Also, a friend of mine told me that we can also use baking soda, It’s the chinese secret ingredients for making the beef or pork so tender. Try it for you to believe……..Did you know that broccoli contains a high amount of potassium, which helps maintain a healthy nervous system and optimal brain function, as well as promotes regular muscle growth….
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 2 tbsp oil
- 250 grams beef thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp baking powder or 1/2 cup soda or sprite
- 1 pc broccoli flower cut in serving size
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 100 grams cooked vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolve in 1 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef and soda for a minimum of 10 minutes. this will help the beef to become tender.
- In a wok, turn to high heat settings. Heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in beef and stir fry for 5 minutes or until brown, then add in broccoli and noodles. stir fry for 2 minutes. then season with soy sauce, rice wine, oyster sauce and salt and pepper
- Add in cornstarch and water mix and cook for 2 minutes. before serving add in sesame oil.
- Serve hot!!