Cajun Shrimp Fried Rice
Fried rice….one of the best dish to create your leftover meals to a new sumptuous dish. There are many variation of fried rice, actually it depends on your taste buds, you can put anything you want. I was raced by my mom of eating fried rice everyday, as she thought me to have a heavy breakfast daily……………..Did you know that Cajun seasoning considered the most healthy spices of all. Because it is mainly made with chili and cayenne pepper plus the mix of spices such as salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder. Cayenne Pepper is a herb made from the dried pods of chili peppers. Besides being a very popular spice in cooking, cayenne has also been used medicinally for thousands of years. High in Vitamins A, C, B complex, calcium and potassium, cayenne is a wonderful healing aid for the digestive system since it acts as a catalyst and increases the effectiveness of other foods and herbs when used with them………
Ingredients: serves 3-4 persons
- 2 tbsp oil
- 12 pcs medium shrimps (leftover from Nilasing na hipon dish)
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped leeks
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 medium white onions sliced
- 1 tsp cajun powder
- 4 cups cooked rice(long grain)
- 2 pcs eggs
- 1 cup bean sprout optional
- salt & pepper
- In a wok, heat oil and saute garlic, onions and leeks then add in shrimps, rice wine and seasoned with cajun powder and salt & pepper. simmer for 2 minutes
- Add in beaten eggs and cooked rice. continue stirring until eggs are cooked.
Posted on November 21, 2011, in Fried Rice, Seafoods and tagged Cajun Fried Rice, Cajun Shrimp, Fried rice. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
happy birthday babe…iloveyou…..
Loveyou too…..thanks for everything