Bacon Egg Benedict
A truly common KIWI breakfast and snack here at NZ. It’s a simple toast muffin bread, blanched spinach and your choice of meat topped with hollandaise sauce. Some prefer bacon, ham or Salmon Egg Benedict. Well, I prefer all of it………..Did you know that one way to cook egg in a low-calorie is to poached it. The consumption of poached eggs is a healthy way to lose weight. Their low-calorie content and protein content help you manage your weight by keeping your calories down and your appetite satisfied so you eat less. Poached eggs also help you save money since eggs are not high-priced. But, as they say, limit two pices of eggs per day on your diet…..
Bacon Egg Benedict
in the plate…
- 1 pc english muffin (halves)
- 6-8 pcs spinach leaves (blanched)
- 4-5 pcs toasted streaky bacon (approx 80 gms)
- 2 pcs poached egg
- 1/2 cup hollandaise sauce
- dash of salt & pepper to taste
- sprinkle with mince parsley leaves(optional)
- 1 cup butter
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash cayenne pepper or hot pepper sauce
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- finely chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Heat butter in a heavy saucepan until hot and foamy, but not browned. In a small bowl, whisk or beat egg yolks with lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper or hot sauce. Gradually beat in butter, then water. Return mixture to saucepan and beat over very low heat until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Serve immediately or let stand over warm water for up to 30 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Makes about 2 cups of hollandaise sauce
Procedures / Plating:
- Toast english muffin then place in warm plate, then topped with blanch spinach, toasted bacon & poached egg. served with hollandaise sauce.
*to poached an egg…add a little salt & vinegar on a boiling water. Poached for about 1-2 mins or as you desired the wellness of eggs.