Gambas and Vegetables
Since I have a little girl who hardly eat vegetables, I decided to cook my gambas not the traditional way. I cooked it with some vegetables to add color and to attract the attention of my daughter. My original plan is to have this as our appetizer because I am planning to drink a glass wine. But since there is no wine on my rack, we just have this as our dinner. This dish is really great for appetizer especially if you will served it on a sizzling plate. I think I need to go and grab some wine……………………..Did you know that shrimp is a very good source of vitamin D. This vitamin regulates the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, which is essential for strong teeth and bones. Shrimp has also anti-inflammatory qualities that can help reduce gum swelling. And above all, Shrimp is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids which reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems because it reduces cholesterol in the blood…….
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 500 gms shrimps
- 1 cup mixed vegetables(corn, peas, carrots)
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium white onions sliced
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pc fresh tomato quartered
- 1 tsp seasoning soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- pinch of oregano
- pinch of dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a teflon pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in shrimps and simmer for 5 minutes allowing the shrimp flavour to come out. then seasoned with soy sauce, you may hear the seared sounds.
- add in all spices oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- then add in fresh tomato and tomato sauce.
- Add mixed vegetables last.
- Enjoy! you may serve to a sizzling plate.
Posted on December 1, 2011, in Appetizers, Mains, Seafoods and tagged Gambas, gambas and vegetables, saute shrimps, shrimp in tomato sauce, shrimps, sizzling gambas. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.