Pan Fried Chicken Wings
It’s our favourite appetizer in a Vietnamese restaurant here in NZ. A simple dish to start your meal. Their appetizer menu consist of Vietnamese spring roll, pork barbeque and some salads and many more. Usually this is my daughters meal as she eats this with a bowl of steamed rice. How about you guys, What’s your favourite appetizer? in your favourite restaurant?……………Did you know that lemongrass has amazing medicinal properties and is used since ages. As this grass helps to get rid of fever, it is also known as fever grass. Lemon grass can be included in diet in many ways. Many people make use of lemon grass oil to add its flavour to food. It can also be consumed in form of tea by boiling it with water and sugar. It gives a good flavour when added to normal tea along with ginger. You can also prepare an extraordinary and medicinal drink with lemon grass. Just take few fresh strands of lemon grass, two to three cloves, a small piece of cinnamon stick, and turmeric powder and boil it with milk. After this mixture is properly boiled, drain it and drink it when it cools down to get relief from cough and cold.
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 12 pieces chicken nibbles
- 2 stalks lemongrass chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger minced
- 1 small shallots
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, salt & pepper and chicken. rub evenly and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- In a small teflon, heat oil and saute shallots, ginger, lemongrass and fish sauce. set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and fry chicken until golden brown. set aside.
- To serve, you can toss chicken and lemon grass mixture or you can on the side.
- Serve hot! Enjoy!!