I remember this recipe was made by accident back in PHI when I was working in banquet and catering dept. The story is, we had an over crowded event that supposed to be a hundred persons and suddenly went to a 150 persons. Lucky, in banquet kitchen, we already have some fried meats such as chicken, pork and fish so meaning we only need to make the sauce for every dish. Since the menu theme is continental buffet, it is very safe for us to create a dish. We called it as the Caribbean Chicken in white creamy sauce………………..Did you know that cajun seasoning is a mix of spices such as chili, cayenne pepper, onion and garlic powder, black and white pepper. Cayenne pepper gives the distinctive red coloration to a Cajun spice mixture. Additionally, cayenne pepper is the source of the heat that is common to Cajun seasoning. Cayenne nourish the heart with vital nutrients, remove plaque from the arteries, help rebuild flesh destroyed or harmed by frostbite, heal hemorrhoids, re-build stomach tissue, heal stomach ulcers, fortify your overall health, and mitigate the most wrenching of diseases……….As I always say to my post, the more spicy, the more healthy………
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 8 pcs chicken drumsticks (cut in half or you can serve it whole drumsticks)
- 1 cup mixed vegetables(corn, carrots, peas)
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 small white onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 stalk coriander
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup diced capsicum
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger. saute well then add in chicken and let it brown(saute approx 5-8 minutes). then season with cajun seasoning.
- then add in mixed vegetables, sultanas and capsicum. simmer for another 2 minutes. adjust taste by adding salt & pepper
- Add in coriander and milk then remove from heat. don’t boil milk.
- Serve hot!!!
Posted on December 6, 2011, in Chicken, Mains and tagged Cajun Chicken, Caribbean Cajun Chicken, Caribbean Chicken, Chicken, Creamy Chicken, White creamy Chicken. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
This looks really good. I should not surf the web when I’m hungry.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Nors! It looks yummy. I agree with Bill above 😉 more power!