Sausage and Onions
A common dish on breakfast menu..I remember when we introduce a Continental buffet in a coffee shop, this was the most popular dish in the menu maybe because in the Philippines, sausage are considered one of the expensive meat dishes to serve on a buffet breakfast. That time, we served 5 kinds of sausages namely frank furter, weinerli, veal bratwurst, hungarian and garlic sausages. It is very simple and easy to cook meal which it can be stir-fry or baked and served with caramelized onions. It is also great additions to your menu because of its stress free cooking method and ingredients…………Did you know that onions is a member of the lily family, a close relation of garlic. It is often called the “king of vegetables” because of its pungent taste. They also contain flavonoids, which are pigments that give vegetables their colour. These compounds act as antioxidants, have a direct antitumor effect and have immune-enhancing properties…….
Ingredients: good for 6-8 persons
- 15 pcs of sausages (your choice of sausage)
- 2 big white onions (sliced into rings)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Your choice of stir-frying the sausage or bake.
- In a teflon pan, heat oil and saute onions using low heat settings until caramelized. seasoned with salt and pepper and a little sugar for better caramelization
- Serve over sausages.. Best with breads