Fried Fish and Sauteed Chinese Cabbage
I always tell to my wife, no matter how simple are dinner is, I will always write it on my food blog……..Fried Fish and sautéed chinese cabbage with hibi (small crispy shrimps). We, filipinos love to it fried dishes especially fish. It’s a most common food in our table. Traditionally, if we have fried dishes, it should always comes with a vegetable to complete the menu. The fast and easy way is to saute any vegetables on your fridge. This time, I choose to cook a simple sautéed cabbage with hibi (small fried shrimps). How about you guys? What do you pair for your fried dish?…………….Did you know that the most interesting part of this vegetable is they have the power to reduce the risk of developing colon cancer. Some studies have shown that people who eat large amounts of cabbage have low rate of colon cancer. This is because they have high levels of fiber and chemicals. Fiber helps to keep our intestines healthy by increasing our transit movements. Cabbage also contains chemicals that inhibit tumor growth and protects cells from free radicals…….
Ingredients: good for 2-3 persons
- 500 gms fish (your choice of fish)
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup flour, salt & pepper mix(for coating fish)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onions sliced
- 2 tbsp hibi
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- dash of sesame oil
- salt & pepper
- quarter of cabbage(sliced)
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt & pepper and rub to fish.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and fry fish until cook and crispy.
- IN a teflon pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion, add in hibi and seasoned with salt & pepper. then add in cabbage and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Adjust taste by adding soy sauce. before serving add sesame oil.
- Serve with fried fish!