Spicy Chicken and Pumpkin Cake
Chicken and pumpkin…………..This is a healthy and spicy dish. I combined my Chicken and pumpkin cake with my favourite food – Grilled and Spicy Chicken. Yes, Chicken is one of my favourite food and “Spicy” is my favourite taste! When I read a book about chillies, the author always finished his paragraph using “…the more spicy, the more healthy!”. From then on, I started associating chillies to almost every recipe I made. But still, chillies will be your options. But for me, Chillies is a “must” for my dish……………….Did you know that some studies show that eating chillies regularly helps keep your heart healthy by lowering cholesterol, keeping your blood pressure in a healthy range, and allowing more blood to reach the heart. And there is a fact that recent studies shows that consuming just a little chilli pepper (fresh or dried) each day helps us fall asleep, and stay asleep longer. And adding a little fresh-cut chili to your evening meal may also help you feel more awake the next day………….Believe it or not!!!….
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 persons
- 12 pieces chicken Drumsticks
- 1 whole lemon squeeze
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 pcs chopped red chillies
- 1 pc chopped red capsicum
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 3 stems of coriander – save some for garnishing.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and tub to chicken evenly. marinate for a min. of 2 hours
- In a charcoal grill or oven, grill chicken until cook.
- On a platter, assemble chicken and pumpkin cake and top with spicy chicken.
- Pour a little drippings and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot!!!
Posted on January 3, 2012, in Chicken, Mains and tagged barbequed chicken, Chicken and Pumpkin Cake, grilled chicken, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Cake, Roast chicken, roast pumpkin, spicy chicken, Spicy chicken and pumpkin cake. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
My nephew would be especially happy with this one–I think he feels like he hasn’t eaten if he hasn’t broken out in a spice-sweat! 🙂
Mmmmm I love a good chicken recipe!!