beef bulgogi……….I asked this recipe from my korean boss because I am craving for an authentic korean dish. Bulgogi for some who doesn’t know yet literally means “fire meat” in Korean, which refers to the cooking technique—over an open flame—rather than the dish’s spiciness. I am a fun of korean food, this is best accompanied by a Japchae korean stir-fry noodles or just a simple steamed rice. Best eaten in front of your dining table if you have a portable barbecue while having a chat with your families and friends…………………….Did you know that sesame seeds has a magic in terms of stress prevention. Some studies indicate that stress contributes to range of diseases. Because of sesame seed’s chemical structure, it has a unique ability to reduce tension and stress when used regularly. It also helps nourish the nervous system, and relieves fatigue and insomnia. Overall, it helps provide optimum vitality and strength.
Ingredients: serves 4-6 persons
- 1 kilogram of beef sirloin thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup kikoman soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- toast sesame seeds and sliced onion leeks for garnishing
- In a large container with cover, Mix all ingredients together and rub beef evenly. Marinate for a minimum of 2 hours
- If you have a portable barbecue which you can place in your dining table, grilled bulgogi on your desired doneness. Best eaten when really hot. you can feel the extra tenderness.
- Serve with steamed rice.