Chamberlain (beef casserole)
Chamberlain…………The name was invented by my father-in-law. meaning in tagalog is “chamba chamba” or in english – lucky dish”. It is very similar to kalderetang baka as they have both almost the same ingredients with the absence of some major ingredients such as chicken liver or spread, sky flakes and more. That’s why I really love the culinary world. You can modify every kind of cuisine depending on your taste as long as you make your dish with love and loyalty. Do you agree?……………………Did you know that the main ingredients of my recipe for today is tomatoes? and tomatoes number one source of lycopene which act as a powerful antioxidant that fight cancer cells. And in addition, according to the some studies, daily consumption of tomatoes decreases the oxidative stress in type 2 diabetes. Also tomato helps in reducing the risk of developing hypertension………….
Ingredients: serves 4-6 persons
- 1 kl Beef brisket with bones (cut in serving size size)
- 3 pcs potatoes (big diced)
- 2 pc carrots (big diced)
- 3 pcs tomatoes chopped
- 1 large capsicum
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 large onions (sliced)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 tbsp fish sauce(patis)
- chillies optional
- in a large sauce pan, place all ingredients except carrots & potatoes. bring to a boil using low heat for 45 minutes. (stiring every 5 minutes)
- when beef is half tender, pour in potatoes & carrots, chillies
- check if beef is ready, seasoned with salt & pepper then add cheese before serving
Posted on January 20, 2012, in beef, Mains and tagged Beef, beef casserole, beef in tomato sauce, Chemberlain. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
awesome, the photo looks good !
Beef is always yummy!