Pancit at Tinapay (bread and noodles)
Pancit at tinapay (noodles and bread)………… A typical filipino mirienda. I think almost every Filipino eat pancit, I already posted some of my favourite pancit recipe, this includes: Pancit bihon guisado, Sotanghon guisado and many more. If I am not mistaken this pancit dish is always present on every occasion in the Philippines. You can find it on birthday parties, weddings, fiesta and more. Best paired with kalderetang baka, chicken afritada and pork barbeque dishes. You might notice my plate combination is both loaded with carbohydrates (noodles and bread) because we filipinos needs to eat a lot of carbohydrates especially those people who’s job is more on the physical side such as carpentry, cleaning and lifting jobs…………………… Did you now that rice noodles contains low in calorie and fat, but most pancit dishes prepared with oil and other meats. However this noodles is loaded with carbohydrates, it’s the complex carbohydrates, which deliver energy slowly over time. These carbohydrates are easier on the pancreas than simple carbohydrates, and they contribute to weight loss by reducing food cravings…….
Ingredients: makes one pyrex enough to feed 10 persons
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 clove crushed garlic
- 1 medium onions diced
- 1/4 kilo chicken breast(boiled in 3 cups water with salt & pepper- save the broth)
- 100 gms chicken liver
- 6-8 pcs dried mushrooms (soak in water for 1 hour)
- 1 pc small caroots (julliene cut)
- 500 gms pancit bihon
- 100 gms baguio beans
- 1/8 kl of cabbage (julliene)
- 3 stalks of coriander
- salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- squeeze of lemon
you may also need breads to paired with pancit
- In a wok, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in chicken liver, chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables and seasoned with soy sauce and salt & pepper. add in broth, let it boil for a minute. don’t over cook the veggies. Set aside.
- In the same wok, boil chicken broth and add in bihon together. bring to a boil and adjust your taste by adding fish sauce. In a serving plate, pour in your pancit and topped with the guisado meat & vegetables.
- Serve hot and enjoy!! then squeeze with some lemon juice.