Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-fry
………….Shrimp and broccoli stir-fry…………….This is a quick and easy recipe that I think everybody can cook. It is a vegetable dish I loved to pair every time I cook fried or roast dishes such as traditional roast pork or crispy pata and many more. I will tell you a little story about this dish, My wife made this when we had a visitor at home, to complete the line up of menu, we usually have one “saucy dish or casserole” such as kalderetang bakaone fried dish and one vegetable dish. Believe it or not, it so happen that our guest that time does not or can not eat shrimp and tomato base casserole. (hello tita, starring ka dito sa kwento ko ha..LOL). So it ended up eating her own “pot luck” . How about you guys? are you allergic of some other food? If you ask me, I hate eating okra and “saluyot” – it’s a kind of vegetable ingredient that is very sticky in texture when its cooked………………………………..Did you know that broccoli is helpful in repairing skin damage thanks to the glucoraphanin it contains which helps the skin to detoxify and repair itself. And also, broccoli bolsters the immune system with a large dose of beta-carotene. Trace minerals, such as zinc and selenium, further act to strengthen immune defense actions……
Ingredients: good for 4-6 persons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 medium white onions sliced
- 2 heads of broccoli (cut in serving portions)
- 15 pcs of peeled shrimps
- 1 tbsp corn flour dissolve in 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- in a non-stick pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in shrimp and broccoli and seasoned with oyster sauce, salt and pepper. let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- dissolve corn flour and water and add soy sauce. mix well and pour over and let it boil for a minute until sauce is thickened
- Serve hot!