Canape’s – Melba toast with creamy bacon and egg dip
Canape…………..I have invited my friend to our house have a 7 course meal cooked by me and my wife. It is a despedida party to her mom who just visited here in New Zealand. I am nervous which meal I will serve because this man is not an ordinary man (he is the big boss of an Air flight company) and one the leading and unbeatable man when it comes to “food blogging”. (pre ok ba yung introduction ko sayo). This man is the “Angsarap” author and the one who introduce me to do the food blogging………….Enough of the introduction, back to the 7 course dinner. To start with, I decided to make a canape as our “bread and butter” since I will be doing the Russian service. This canape is just made with a simple slice of french bread where most people called it as “melba toast”. To add a little flavor, instead of a common liver pate and butter, I created a bacon and egg dip and a little greens to enhance its flavor. the greens was the pesto sauce. Stay on this channel as tomorrow I will be featuring the 2nd recipe on the 7 course Russian dinner………………. Did you know that pesto sauce main ingredients is basil leaves? and basil leaves are Basil is also known to have extremely powerful antioxidant properties, especially when it is used in the form of an extract or oil. The natural antioxidants found in basil can protect the body against damage from free radicals, thereby preventing cellular aging, common skin ailments, and even most forms of cancer. Antioxidants are an important part of maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle, and basil may be a safe and effective source of these potent, life-giving compounds.
Ingredients: serves 7 to 8 persons
- 1 whole french bread sliced in 1/3 inch thick
- 2 boiled eggs
- 4 strips toasted bacon(in bits)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 50 gms sliced lettuce leaves
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except french bread and sliced lettuce leaves. mix well
- In a plate, using your creativity, plate melba toast with dip as shown on the pictures above.
- Garnish your plate with pesto sauce
- 1 bunch of basil leaves (approx 200 grams)
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 pcs chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients together and transfer in a clean container preferably a bottler or a ketsup dispenser. Use for pasta or for garnishing.