Lomi Soup (noodle soup)
lomi soup…….It’s a noodle soup made with chicken and pork meats. Lomi is best eaten while steaming hot. It is a challenge to be able to finish eating before the bowl gets cold. Back home, you can find this dish in every small canteens usually served in breakfast or am snack. I remember everytime we go for a jogging or walking exercise to Quezon City Circle, There is a small caferia that offer this lomi soup. After burning lot of fats and calories, we always eat this full of carbohydrate meal as it is composed of noodles. (so whats the point of exercise). …………………..Did you know that eggs are used to make the sauce thick in this recipe. Eggs are number one source of protein and might be the cheapest source as well. Nutritionist says that 2 eggs a day is enough to fill all the proteins the body need during a day…….
Ingredients: (serves 4-6 persons)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium minced onions
- 500 gms chicken (cut in small serving size)
- 100 gms chicken liver
- 300 gms pancit lomi
- 2 pcs eggs
- 1 tsp of salt / pepper
- 1 litre water or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion leeks
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add chicken and liver and season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- add the rest of the vegetables and lomi, cook for another 5 minutes
- add chicken broth and adjust your taste by adding fish sauce
- Turn off heat and break in 2 pcs eggs and stir.
- serve hot!!