Stir-fry Shrimp and Vegetables
Stir-fry…………One of the most common dish we have here in my home. Usually if we wanted a quick way to eat your favorite vegetables, we go for stir-fry. Actually you can cook any vegetable you want, a combination of broccoli, carrots, beans and capsicum plus a shrimp will be heaven. Our rules at home, if we cook a veggie, it should be paired with a fried fish. So I paired this vegetable with a simple fried fish……………….Did you know that vegetables are home for many antioxidants that; firstly, help body protect from oxidant stress, diseases and cancers, and secondly, help body develop capacity to fight against these by boosting immunity……
Ingredients: serves 4-6 persons
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium white onions
- 8-10 pcs shrimps
- 1 pc carrots sliced
- 4 pcs mushrooms sliced
- 1 pc chayote
- 10 pcs green beans
- 1 small capsicum cut in strips
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolve in 1.5 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- fish sauce to adjust taste
- In a wok, heat oil and saute garlic and onions. add in shrimps then saute for 2 minutes then add the rest of the vegetables ingredients.
- In a bowl, combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch and water. stir well and pour over to vegetables little by little until you reach your desired sauce thickness.
- Serve hot.
Posted on May 25, 2012, in Mains, Seafoods, Vegetable dishes and tagged Shrimp and vegetables, stir fry, stir-fry shrimp and vegetables, vegetables, vegetarian dish. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.