Eggplant Salad with shrimp paste
Eggplant…………This is one of the common salad especially in the rural areas or provinces in my country. A simple salad made of grilled or boiled eggplant with chopped tomatoes, onions and steamed kangkong (river spinach) served with a shrimp paste(alamang guisado). It is best paired with fried pork or fish. This is one of the favorite side salad of my wife………..Did you know that eggplant is an excellent source of dietary fiber, which can help protect against colon cancer and keeps the digestive system regular. The vitamins in eggplant consist primarily of vitamin A, B vitamins, folate and vitamin C. Eggplant is also rich in minerals, boasting a large quantity of potassium, magnesium, calcium and phosphorous. With no fat, eggplant makes an excellent addition to any diet..
Ingredients: serves 2-3 persons
- 2 pcs eggplant (boiled or grilled) sliced
- 2 whole tomatoes (big diced)
- 1 large white onins (big diced)
- 2 tbsp shrimp paste (alamang guisado)
- 1 bunch steamed kangkong or bok choy
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients together. best tossed with the shrimp paste
- Transfer into a serving bowl
- Best paired for fried dishes.