Pancit………………..Well, this is not a typical pancit as I remember before when I was little, I saw a carinderia(small cafeteria) selling pancit or noodles that doesn’t have any ingredients of a typical pancit. It doesn’t have pork, shrimps, cabbages, carrots and many more. But believe me those carinderia are very expert in this cooking pancit dishes without “rekado” or ingredients. How did they do it? Its because the have a very tasty beef broth from their bulalo. Bulalo is a beef soup composed of beef bones particulary the legs and unwanted chop of beef bones seasoned with salt and pepper and onions, ginger, garlic and some spices like seabut. Very tasty soup……………………….Did you know that bottle gourd and coriander are the only vegetables I used in this pancit. Coriander leaves act as stimulants and tonics. They strengthen the stomach and promote digestion, increase secretion and discharge of urine and reduce fever. They act as an aphrodisiac, and help in the removal of phlegm. …….
Ingredients: serves 6-8 persons
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onions chopped
- 1 small bottle gourd (upo) sliced
- 1 bunch of coriander chopped
- 500 gms of pancit bihon
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 litre of beef soup stock.
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a wok, heat oil and saute garlic and onions, add in bottle gourd and seasoned with salth and pepper. saute for 2 minutes. add in beef broth and soy sauce. bring to boil and add pancit. adjust taste by adding fish sauce.
- When it is nearly cook, add in coriander leaves and lemon juice. serve hot