Apple Crumble Pie
Apple and apricot slice… This is one of my favourite dessert for apple recipe. Inspired by traditional apple pies, this dessert comes with some apricots and sultanas topped with crumble of oats and butter. Must try!!!!
Ingredients: makes a tin of 6×12 inches
- 5 cups diced apples (in cans) drain syrup
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 cup bakers flour
- 1 tsp mix spice
* in a mixing large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix very well. set aside
Base and crumble toppings”
- 3 cups bakers flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 400 grams melted margarine
* In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well then add in margarine. mix well then transfer half of the mixture to a 6×12 tin with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes at 170 degrees. Serve the other half mixture for crumble topping.
- After the base is cooked, pour in the mixture evenly and toppwed with the remaining crumble. To top simply tear flour mixture everything is covered.
- Bake at 1 hour for 160 degrees. Set aside and cool down and slice in your desred sizes.
- Best served chilled with a cup of coffee or tea.
Posted on August 30, 2012, in Breads and Bakeries, Cakes, Snacks, Sweets and Pastries and tagged apple and apricot, apple crumble pie, cinnamon, diced apples, flour, nutmeg, rolled oats, sultanas. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment