Stir-fry Beef and Bok Choy
Exploring stir fry beef Asian style…………Once again I will be featuring “stir-fry beef”. This time, I will cook the beef with bok choy. It is a very Asian inspired dish that once you master the cooking of stir-fry beef, you can explore any vegetables you may want to accompany with this very tender quick-cook beef. Here in my place, almost every week we cook Asian dish such as this one……..Must try!
Ingredients: serves 4-6 persons
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 thumb size ginger sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 500 grams thinly sliced beef (tendered and soak in 1 tsp soda. salt & pepper for 10 minutes)
- 4 bunches of bok choy
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1.5 cup water
- 1 small can of black beans (use 3 tbsp and mashed it)
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion leeks
- Heat oil in pan , add beef and stir fry until brown and season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, ginger and onions and soy sauce. Saute’ for 2 minutes.
- Add black beans. Continue stirring for 2-3 minutes then pour in bok choy.
- Add water with cornstarch and boil for 2 minutes, then add onion leeks and sesame oil then remove from heat.
- Serve hot and enjoy!!!!!
Posted on January 21, 2013, in Appetizers, beef, Best Photo, Mains and tagged saute beef, saute bok choy, stir fry, Stir fry beef, stir fry beef and bok choy, stir fry bok choy, stir fry vegetables. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.