Kid’s Sushi Platter
Posted by nors
Sushi Platter…………. This is what I missed doing, I worked in a Japanese sushi bar for more than 7 years. I think I made all kinds of sushi so far not to mention the “HOT” dishes on the Japanese menu. Still part of my daughter’s Kids menu, I now bring you my very own Kid’s Sushi Platter. This sushi is a combination of cooked teriyaki and vegetables as I decided not to use raw or fresh fish on my sushi as we will not consumed the food immediately. We will transport the food from the house to the party venue. Sometimes we need to consider this things as we need to practice food safety first as I will feed 35 children in this party. ……….Yum!!!…………….Did you know that dried seaweeds sheets or Nori is rich in iodine and iron and quite high in protein. It is also a good source of vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, magnesium and riboflavin(B2). Not only does it have all these nutritional riches, it is also a low-fat food!
- 1 kilo chicken fillet cut in strips
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- sesame seeds
- teriyaki sauce(see below recipe)
- In a pan, heat oil and saute chicken until golden brown for approx 10 minutes. add in teriyaki sauce and simmer for another 5 minutes. then pour in sesame seeds upon serving
- 1/2 cup soy sauce(kikoman)
- 3 cups water
- 100 gms of grilled pork bones (to get that smokey flavor)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch dissolve in 1 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 1 medium onions
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp hondashe (japanese MSG)
- 1 stalk of celery
- carrots & potato peel (optional)
- 500 gms cooked japanese rice
- (sushi rice mix: ratio: 3 vinegar + 1 sugar + little kikoman + little hondashe)
Veggies” Carrots and cucumber strips
Other filling: Crabs sticks
- 1 nori or seaweed sheets & You will need Sushi mat roll and kikoman and wasabe
- Just using your imagination, spread rice on nori sheets and place chicken teriyaki and veggies. roll over and cut into 8 to 10 pieces. You may also use other filling such as crabsticks, avocado and etc….
- Have fun
About norsa simple person who loves to cook!! .....so ride with me as we explore ........"a journey to different cuisines"
Posted on May 3, 2013, in Appetizers, Best Photo, Chicken, chicken, Snacks, Vegetable dishes and tagged Japanese menu, Kids meal, Kids Menu, Kids Party PLatter Sushi, kids sushi, Platter Sushi, Sushi menu. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.