Spicy Pepsi Chicken
Pepsi Chicken………………..This is just out of curiosity recipe. Since I posted Coca-cola chicken maybe 2 years ago which turns out to be one of my popular post during that year. It came to my mind that i want to try it again. Because when you do food blogging at home, everyday is a different meal for us as I post every single recipe I cook at home. So back to the coca cola chicken, I was in the middle of cooking where everything is ready; I saute the onions, garlic ginger chicken, I add the condiments and last would be the coke as my substitute for water. When I opened my cup board. I saw ….. Yes I saw a PEPSI!!! and Its PEPSI MAX, no sugar! Wow, I said OMG! Since I think it is a soda as well minus sugar. I give it a try! Sorry Coca cola, you didn’t give me an advertisement for my post! and it taste good, maybe even better! (hahahaha coke) well, I like both Pepsi and Coke!…….Must try!
- 3 cloves garlic
- 50 gm of thinly sliced ginger
- 1 kg chicken thigh and legs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 vinegar
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- pepper corn and salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup pepsi(softdrinks)
- 1 tbsp dried chillies(optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- dried chillies
- Saute and brown chicken in a heavy skilletby adding a little oil
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, bay leaves, sugar, salt, peppercorn, dried chillies and pepsi.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 20 mins
- Cover and let simmer until it becomes tender. and all the juice is absorbed. add sesame oil before serving
Posted on July 5, 2013, in Appetizers, Chicken, chicken, Don Buri, Mains and tagged chicken rec=ipe, Pepsi Chicken, pepsi recipe, soy chicken recipe, spicy chicken, Spicy pepsi chicken. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.