Category Archives: Chicken
Want an east to prepare appetizer? you might even try this one – It’s a Tandoori chicken wraps canapé’s style!…….. This is a great idea to add-on to your menu. A great starter for a cocktail party or even on your buffet table. It is a very healthy combination of marinated grilled tandoori chicken wrap with loaded of fresh vegetables….YUmmmm!!!!!
Ingredients and preparation:
Tandoori chicken – marinated with yogurt, curry powder and tandoori paste seasoned with fresh garlic and ginger salt and pepper. (seasoned depending on your taste buds)
Julienne slices of carrots, red cabbage and spinach.
Optional sauce of mango chutney or aioli dressing or any thing you have on your fridge.
Assemble all ingredients into a pita wraps and roll it. that as easy as one two three!!
Slice as shown on the pictures or simply have it that big!!!
Pepsi Chicken………………..This is just out of curiosity recipe. Since I posted Coca-cola chicken maybe 2 years ago which turns out to be one of my popular post during that year. It came to my mind that i want to try it again. Because when you do food blogging at home, everyday is a different meal for us as I post every single recipe I cook at home. So back to the coca cola chicken, I was in the middle of cooking where everything is ready; I saute the onions, garlic ginger chicken, I add the condiments and last would be the coke as my substitute for water. When I opened my cup board. I saw ….. Yes I saw a PEPSI!!! and Its PEPSI MAX, no sugar! Wow, I said OMG! Since I think it is a soda as well minus sugar. I give it a try! Sorry Coca cola, you didn’t give me an advertisement for my post! and it taste good, maybe even better! (hahahaha coke) well, I like both Pepsi and Coke!…….Must try!
- 3 cloves garlic
- 50 gm of thinly sliced ginger
- 1 kg chicken thigh and legs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 vinegar
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- pepper corn and salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup pepsi(softdrinks)
- 1 tbsp dried chillies(optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- dried chillies
- Saute and brown chicken in a heavy skilletby adding a little oil
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, bay leaves, sugar, salt, peppercorn, dried chillies and pepsi.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 20 mins
- Cover and let simmer until it becomes tender. and all the juice is absorbed. add sesame oil before serving
Kid’s Chicken Barbeque…………Still part of my daughter’s kids menu, I already post starter’s such as “fried wonton and vegetable sticks” and posted desserts such as fruit kebab and kids cupcake. Now lets go with my kid’s little main dish. Barbecue wings. (oooppss, sorry it’s not in order, should be starter, salad, main and desserts etc). As we all know, most of the children can not say no to barbecues, we’ll my daughter can’t! To attract the children’s palate, I used banana ketsup as add-ons to my marinade mix, banana ketsup simply have a very good smell and sweet flavor once you grill your chicken barbeque. Must try!…………………………….Did you know that chicken is rich in selenium, another antioxidant-rich nutrient. Selenium in chicken has been shown to induce DNA repair in damaged cells and eliminate abnormal cells. This nutrient also activates an important antioxidant vital in cancer prevention, known as glutathione peroxidase, from proteins. Consuming chicken may help in the prevention of cancers.
- 1.5 kilogram chicken wings – cut in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sprite or soda
- 1/2 cup banana ketsup
- 1 tbsp lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- in a container, mix all ingredients except pork meat. mix well then add in chicken and rubbed evenly
- Best grilled using charcoal. or just simply use oven barbeque.
- best marinate for atleast 3 hours before grilling. brush the remaining marinade mix upon grilling your bbq..
Food in the future……………………My fellow bloggers, I would love to share you what we did in our 2012 Christmas Party in our Church. There is a competition were every group needs to design and create a futuristic dinner booth. And I am very happy to tell you guys that we won the first prize. Yes, the overall champion booth. Who knows this might be the start of a new generation that food in the future might come into a capsule. A flavored capsule which you can choose a wide variety of viand such as roast meats, vegetables, dessert, soups and etc. What you think?………..The lovely tomato flower curving was made by my wife!!!!!
Ingredients and preparation:
Lots of love and team efforts!
– 1 kilo chicken wings or nibbles
– 1 cup flour
– salt, pepper, cayenne, egg and milk powder
– oil for frying
In a deep frying pan, heat oil and fry chicken until golden brown. You can served with gravy or a just a ketsup…. Enjoy!!!!!
Lemon and Herb Chicken from “Nandos Restaurant”….. Just to promote our favourite chicken barbeque restaurant here in NZ. I am happy to share you once again this chicken barbeque recipe. It is my version of “Nandos” Lemon and Herb Chicken. It is a combination of lemon and chillies and different herbs. (Hey nandos, you might want to give me some food voucher for this free ads, hahaha LOL) Yumm!!!!! Who can say no to barbeque, well I cant!!! Must try!
- 1 kilo chicken wings (on stick)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp mix herb of thyme, marjoram and rosemary
- juice from 3 pcs of lemon
- some chillies, chopped and depends how hot and spicy you want.
- 1/2 cup banana ketsup.
- In a container with cover, combine all ingredients together and rubbed the chicken. Marinate for a minimum of two hours or better overnight.
- Best grilled using charcoal or simply in oven.