Category Archives: Sweets and Pastries
Cupcakes……….This is a Ben Ten Cupcakes we give as a birthday gift to my daughter’s classmate GAB who celebrated his 7th birthday few month ago. The cupcakes were super awesome. It was design by my wife. My very own Pastry Chef! It is a super moist chocolate cupcake served with a chocolate cream cheese frosting! YUMMM!! Sinfully chocolatey!!!
Chocolate and Cream cheese frosting:
- 200 grams cream cheese
- 50 grams butter melted
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 300 grams icing sugar
* Combine all ingredients together and mix using an electric mixer. mix until soft peak.
White Icing (ready-made) and some food color for topping
Ingredients: makes 20-25 pcs cup cake
- 250 gms butter
- 250 gms dark chocolate for melting
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup bakers flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 pcs eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate bits for filling
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- in a large plastic mixing bowl, combine dark chocolate and butter, microwave for 30 seconds then stir and back again for 30 seconds and stir. do this procedures until chocolate are melt. we don’t want to burn the chocolate.
- add in eggs and beat. then add the rest of the ingredients. continue beating, this is a wet mixture.
- In a muffin tray, spread sheets of muffin paper, and pour in chocolate mixtures half way.
- Pre-heat oven at 170 celsius and bake for 8-12 minutes.
- cool down and garnish with white icing. Design may vary depending on your occasion.
Food in the future……………………My fellow bloggers, I would love to share you what we did in our 2012 Christmas Party in our Church. There is a competition were every group needs to design and create a futuristic dinner booth. And I am very happy to tell you guys that we won the first prize. Yes, the overall champion booth. Who knows this might be the start of a new generation that food in the future might come into a capsule. A flavored capsule which you can choose a wide variety of viand such as roast meats, vegetables, dessert, soups and etc. What you think?………..The lovely tomato flower curving was made by my wife!!!!!
Ingredients and preparation:
Lots of love and team efforts!
Apple and apricot slice… This is one of my favourite dessert for apple recipe. Inspired by traditional apple pies, this dessert comes with some apricots and sultanas topped with crumble of oats and butter. Must try!!!!
Ingredients: makes a tin of 6×12 inches
- 5 cups diced apples (in cans) drain syrup
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 cup bakers flour
- 1 tsp mix spice
* in a mixing large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix very well. set aside
Base and crumble toppings”
- 3 cups bakers flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 400 grams melted margarine
* In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well then add in margarine. mix well then transfer half of the mixture to a 6×12 tin with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes at 170 degrees. Serve the other half mixture for crumble topping.
- After the base is cooked, pour in the mixture evenly and toppwed with the remaining crumble. To top simply tear flour mixture everything is covered.
- Bake at 1 hour for 160 degrees. Set aside and cool down and slice in your desred sizes.
- Best served chilled with a cup of coffee or tea.
Scones………..My shift in the morning wont be complete If I don’t make this scone. As part of my routine, baking scones, muffins, rolls, loaf, quiche and other baking staff. I consider this scone making will be your entry-level to the world of baking. The first time I made it, It doesn’t really looks good as the flour did not rise. Because my Pastry Chef told me that if I mix it very well, the scones will not rise. Well, I am a type of person that the motto is “to see is to believe”. So what I did is, I mix it really well. The Chef is right, It did not rise! So from then on, I learn the patience when it comes to baking………………Did you know that dates and sultanas contains fluorine, which is an essential mineral to slow down the process of early tooth decay. Fluorine is also known to keep plaque at bay by strengthening the tooth enamel. However, many people are of the misconception that tooth enamel can magically reverse tooth decay. This is not true. Tooth enamel consists of hydroxyapatites, which when brought in contact with fluorine forms hydroxyfluoroapatites, which is resistant to decay. This clearly means that fluorine helps prevent further tooth decay, but cannot reverse the decay process. …..
Ingredients: makes 8-10 scones depending on your desired size.
- 3 cups self-raising flour (you may need a more)
- 100 grams melted butter
- 100 grams white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 grams dates and 100 grams sultana soaked in 1 cup water for at least 1 hour
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a very wide mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients first them mix well. Pour in flour and salt and fold until mixture are dry and but little bit soft. you may need extra flour.
- Using your hand, mold a circle flour in your palm depending on your size. repeat procedures and this recipe makes 8-10 scones. place into a tray with sprayed oil.
- Bake at 180 degrees at 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with coffee or tea
Louise cake……. They said (the kiwi’s or new zealander) that this cake was originated here in NZ, It is a cake made of thin butter cake base topped with raspberry jam and coconut meringue. Kiwi’s said it is a very old-fashioned cake made by elder people. Once you try a bite of this cake, you will never stop until you finish the whole slice. That’s why my daughter was there waiting for the photo shoot to be finished…………..Did you know that this cake is made with raspberry jam? Raspberry is a very good source of vitamin C and manganese. This nutrient are both responsible for several crucial body processes, and vitamin C plays a large role in regulating and promoting health immune system malfunction………
Ingredients: makes a tin of 6 x 10 inch
- 560 grams bakers flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 8 pcs egg yolk
- 250 grams melted butter
- 80 grams raw sugar
- 1 bottler of Raspberry Jam (about 350 gms)
- 8 pcs egg white
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 cup raw brown sugar
- 1/4 cup for spread on top
- In an electric mixer with stand and bowl, mix butter and sugar then add in egg yolk one at a time. mix well then gradually sift in baker’s flour and baking powder. Texture should be a little dry. Then transfer and lightly press into a baking tin with baking paper. Bake for 15 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius. Let it cool then spread raspberry jam evenly. set aside
- In another bowl, mix egg white until fluffy then fold in sugar and desiccated coconut. Spread over the cake with raspberry jam then sprinkle remaining desiccated coconut and bake for 20 minutes at 160 degrees celsius.
- Let it cool and slice on your desired size, best with a cup of coffee or tea
Ginger……. Aside from this is the name of my daughter, It is one of my favourite ingredients too. That is why I named my daughter “ginger”. Back to the recipe, It is a recipe inspired from a ginger bread. The base is healthy made with oats and the topping is a creamy butter icing. Over all it is simply irresistible, love it!…………..Did you know that ginger can also be used for reducing toothache and the discomfort which arises due to the infection in the upper respiratory tract due to its antibacterial and antifungal nature. Also used by pregnant women to ward off the morning sickness……
Ingredients: makes a tin of 6 x 10
- 1.5 cup rolled oats
- 1.5 cup bakers flour
- 2 tbp baking powder
- 1.5 cups desiccated coconut
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 2 tbsp ginger powder
- 400 grams melted margarine
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 150 grams butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp ginger powder
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together except margarine. mix well using your hands with gloves. Then pour in melted butter and press into a tin with baking paper. bake for 20 minutes at 160 degrees celcius. set aside.
- IN a thick sauce pan, using low heat settings, stir in topping ingredients. stir very well until melt and smooth consistency. top on ginger bread. Cut in desired size. Best serve chilled.
Vegetarian……….The best vegetable muffin I ever invented. It is composed of carrots, kumara and potatoes with yougart, cheese and other flavours with a little surprise of cream cheese inside. Best consumed fresh from the oven with a side of butter and a cup of your favourite coffee or tea. I am hungry! Sounds like I want to eat breakfast now………………..Did you know that this muffin is loaded with vegetables. My favourite vegetable is carrot. Carrot are very healthy vegetable. Carrot has a strong cleansing properties that are effective in detoxifying the liver, so that the overall effective for acne that is caused by toxins from the blood. Carrot is also useful for treating uneven skin tones because of pigmentation. The vitamin A and other nutrients contain in carrot efficiently nourish the skin, prevent dry skin and other skin blemishes…………..
Ingredients: makes 12-15 muffins
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups self raising flour (may need more)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup fresh grated carrots
- 1/2 cup cube potato
- 1/2 cup cube kumara
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup yougart
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- pumpkin seeds
- grated cheese
- sesame seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients wet ingredients together. mix well then add all ingredients except cream cheese.
- Spray muffin tins/trays and pour in mixture halfway, add in cream cheese and cover with muffin mixtures then top with cheese, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds. repeat procedures for 12 muffins.
- pre heat oven at 170 degrees celsius and baked for 25 minutes.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee -flat white, latte and cappuccino or hot tea.
Florentine slice………Inspired by power nuts bar like muesli bars, nutty and fruit bars and many more. This is one of the most healthy loaded protein bars you may need the whole day. It is a classic mix of peanuts and cashew nuts plus oats bind with condensed milk, melted chocolate and coconut meat(dessicated). I love it!…………….Did you know that nuts especially peanuts are rich in energy and contain many health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health. These nuts are also a good source of dietary protein compose fine quality amino acids that are essential for growth and development……
Ingredients: makes 6×12 pan
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup sultana
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut fine
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut long (for topping)
- 400 grams dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a microwavable mixing bowl, combine dark chocolate and oil and heat to microwave for about 1 minute. then continue stirring until smooth mixture and transfer into a baking tin with baking paper. set aside and place in fridge to cool down for15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, condensed milk and golden syrup, mix well. set aside. (wet mixture)
- IN a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. mix well then pour in wet mixture and mix well again.
- Transfer into the baking pan with chocolate. Top and garnish with long dessicated coconut.
- Heat oven at 160 degrees and bake for 25 minutes
- Once, cook, let it cool and slice in your desired sizes. Best serve cold.