Have you tried eating pig intestine? On my back ground is a bottle of beer, Yes I am a beer drinker. i love to drink beer especially when this kind of appetizer is in my table. I remember during my teenage life preferably at the age of 14-17, I am a heavy drinker. I started early because usually I am a alcohol runner in our town. Meaning I buy beers on my “old fellows” and in return I get a free drink and appetizer. I grew up in a place where every day after playing a basketball game specially if we win that game, we always have a mini celebration. We buy beer and mix with gin and since there is a mini cafe serving best appetizer such as sisig and this one. It is super spicy adobo style pork isaw (tero tero). Well adobo is very famous especially when cooking exotic food such as intestines, lizards, snakes, frogs and many more. Have you try exotic dishes?……………………Did you know that the main ingredients to make this dish or all adobo flavorful is soy sauce. Soy sauce is rich in sodium content, which can act as a substitute for salt in your food. You can have a small amount of soy sauce to fill in for the salt content. Some varieties of soy sauce have relatively less sodium content. You can use them instead of adding too much salt in your food. Soy sauce blends well with all the spices, to give a great flavor. Soy sauce also has good amount of niacin, protein and manganese, which are necessary components for good health.
Ingredients: (serves 6-8 persons)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 kilo gram pork tero tero
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 pcs bay leaf
- 3 pcs dried chillies(optional)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pepper corns
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Boil pork tero tero in a medium sauce pan with 1 liter of water for 15 minutes. Drain and slice into 1/2 inch or bite size portion. set aside.
- in a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, add in pork tero tero stir-fry until brown. seasoned with salt & pepper
- pour in the rest of the ingredients and adjust your taste by adding fish sauce . cook until sauce is thickened.
- serve hot!!