Cheesecake turns out to be my favorite cake for the past weeks, do you know why? it’s very easy to make yet you can create varieties of toppings. This time, I made my topping with almonds – because of its crunchy texture then mix with blueberry sauce – because of its thick and soft blueberries. A simple gift to my wife cousin’s birthday – Tito Ceto. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ………….Did you know that almonds improves the movement of food through the colon, thereby preventing colon cancer. Almonds also help in reducing the rise in sugar and insulin levels after meals. This offers protection from diabetes.
Ingredients: whole cake
- 2 cups heavy cream whipped
- 2 cups cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp gelatin powder dissolve in 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 pc pineapple ring for garnishing(optional
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 250 grams plain biscuits
- 100 grams butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp cornstarch dissolve in 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup water
* in a small sauce pan, boil water and place blueberries and icing sugar. let it boil for about 2 minutes, then pour in cornstarch mix and remove from fire. Do not boil berries once you add cornstarch. This will help maintain the shine on the blueberry sauce
- using a food processor, blend all the “crust” ingredients together. place and press in a 8″ diameter baking tin sprayed and cover with baking paper. Spread jam on top, this will serve as sticky agent to the cheesecake. . place in fridge and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, using electric mixer whip the cream until fluffy, set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, using electric mixer whip cream cheese and sugar until fluffy and well mix. add in lemon juice and dissolved gelatin powder. then add in whipped cream and fold.
- Place halfway of mixture then pour in blueberries and almonds in the middle and pour remaining mixtures. place in fridge for one hour and transfer to freezer for 6 hours.
- Upon serving, pour in blueberry sauce on top and garnish almonds on the side or using your imagination, decorate your cake as you wish.
- Best with your favorite cup of coffee or tea