My favorite breakfast…….It’s my alternative breakfast in the absence of filipino’s “SILOG’s”…But, since I am a filipino, nothing beats our common almusal(breakfast) like chicksilog and “tocilog” which I already posted. Hmmmm..watch out for more “SILOG” dishes!…… back to the muffin, Since I invented the apricot muffin in our cafe, I am so happy to share you the secret recipe(Sorry boss for revealing the recipe)…..Did you know that apricots has high mineral content, that makes it beneficial in prevention some cases of anemia, tuberculosis, asthma, bronchitis, and toxemia. Apricots are also is high in vitamin A, that is why it is very helpful in the removal of skin pimples and other skin disorder…..
Ingredients: makes 12-15 muffins
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup fresh apricots and 15 pcs apricot halves(for topping)
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup yougart
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 3 pc or 3 cups grated apples
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- icing sugar for garnishing
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together except apricots, cream cheese and flour. mix well. then fold in flour and apricots. (leave the halves for toppings)
- Spray muffin tins/trays and pour in mixture halfway, add in cream cheese and cover with mixtures then top with apricot halves. repeat procedures for 12-15 muffins.
- pre heat oven at 170 degrees celsius and baked for 25 minutes.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee -flat white, latte and cappuccino or hot tea.