Florentine slice………Inspired by power nuts bar like muesli bars, nutty and fruit bars and many more. This is one of the most healthy loaded protein bars you may need the whole day. It is a classic mix of peanuts and cashew nuts plus oats bind with condensed milk, melted chocolate and coconut meat(dessicated). I love it!…………….Did you know that nuts especially peanuts are rich in energy and contain many health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health. These nuts are also a good source of dietary protein compose fine quality amino acids that are essential for growth and development……
Ingredients: makes 6×12 pan
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup sultana
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut fine
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 1/4 cup dessicated coconut long (for topping)
- 400 grams dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a microwavable mixing bowl, combine dark chocolate and oil and heat to microwave for about 1 minute. then continue stirring until smooth mixture and transfer into a baking tin with baking paper. set aside and place in fridge to cool down for15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, condensed milk and golden syrup, mix well. set aside. (wet mixture)
- IN a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients together. mix well then pour in wet mixture and mix well again.
- Transfer into the baking pan with chocolate. Top and garnish with long dessicated coconut.
- Heat oven at 160 degrees and bake for 25 minutes
- Once, cook, let it cool and slice in your desired sizes. Best serve cold.