Asian Style Beef with Mushrooms
This is a replicate from a Singaporean restaurant that my wife dine together with her boss. We were very eager to try this at home because this is the first Singaporean recipe I will post in my blog. With the help of “google” and my wife illustration on the menu, I have visualized the taste and its appearance. Well, stir-fry dishes is not as complicated as other menu………Did you know that white button mushrooms are fairly rich in vitamins and minerals. The mushroom contains an especially high amount of vitamin B and potassium. Raw mushrooms are naturally cholesterol, fat, and sodium free. Common button mushrooms may help lower cholesterol and prevent chronic diseases.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 persons
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 250 grams thinly sliced beef
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 thumb sized ginger thinly sliced
- 1 medium white onions
- 200 grams button mushrooms
- 1 pc small carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced leeks
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolve in 1 cup water
- In a mixing bowl, rub beef with soy sauce, salt & pepper, baking soda and sesame oil. marinate for about 30 minutes.
- In a wok, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger then add in beef, brown for about 5 minutes then pour in mushrooms, carrots and leeks then seasoned with oyster sauce, salt & pepper and rice wine. saute well for about 5 minutes then add in cornstarch mix. remove from heat and serve hot.
- Best served in sizzling plate or over a bowl of steamed rice or a piece of bread