It’s a grilled skin of pig and liver seasoned with vinegar and chilli spices. This dish is usually cooked using goat’s skin. It’s a great appetizer specially when you are drinking hard drinks such as gin, vodka, brandy and etc. Some people might consider this as an exotic food but for Filipinos, It’s one of our favorite appetizer………Did you know that eating pig skins have some health features? It’s a good source of some vitamins and minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, copper and manganese.and Vitamin such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6, and pantothenic acid….But offcourse, excessive eating of pork skins would be dangerous to our health, because of its fats that produce thousand of calories……..
ingredients: serves 8-10 persons
- 1 kilo pig skin
- 1/4 kilo pork liver
- 1 tbsp pepper corn
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 1 litre water
- 2 large white chopped onions
- 2 thumb size ginger minced
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped leeks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- In a large sauce pan, combine water, peppercorns, bay leaves and pork skin and liver. Boil for 30 minutes then drain.
- In a charcoal griller or oven, grill pork skin just to take off excess hair and get that smokey flavor. grill the pork liver lightly. then cut into small dice and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, salt & pepper, leeks, ginger and mix well. toss with the diced pork and skin.
- Serve hot or cold. Great appetizer for having beer or wine.
Just craving for a grilled pork, it’s a pinoy style grilled pork chop. I think you will find this in every Malls in my country. Best served with Achara. It’s a pork version of Chicken Inasal (bacolod chicken inasal – grilled chicken). We filipinos really love to have barbeque of any kind. ………..Did you know that moderate eating of pork provides you plenty of health benefits derived from the most prominent vitamins and minerals in each serving. Iron for example, helps keep your energy levels high while building red blood cells to stave off illness and boost immunity…but excessive consumption of pork especially its fat might be hazardous to our health….so, eat pork moderately!
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 8 pcs pork chops
- 3 pcs calamansi or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Philippines soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sprite
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup ketsup (banana ketsup)
- In a mixing bowl, mis all ingredients together and rub pork evenly. marinade for 1 minimum of one hour.
- In a charcoal grill or oven, grill pork to your desired doneness
- Enjoy! bet paired with your favourite vegetable dishes
Sinigang na baboy…I consider this meal as one of the best food in my country. Its a one dish meal consist of pork meat and vegetables. You can also do this using beef (sinigang na baka) or fish (sinigang sa miso) or chicken(Sinampalukang manok)…Did you know that fresh vegetables in this soup are quickly and lightly cooked to provide an abundance of fiber, vitamins and minerals that make a healthy addition to any diet. Like tomatoes – eating benefit is its’ Lycopene content. Lycopene is a vital anti-oxidant that helps in the fight against cancerous cell formation as well as other kinds of health complications and diseases…
Ingredient: serves 4-6
- 1 kl pork mea(liempo)
- one liter water
- 1 pc meduim onions (quartered)
- 2 pcs medium tomatoes
- 1 pack sinigang mix (for a liter soup)
- 8-10 pcs string beans (slice to approc 2 inches)
- a bunch of kangkong (or bok choy optional)
- 1 pc of eggplant (sliced)
- 100 gm of radish (slice)
- salt to taste
* please slice vegetables evenly
- in a large sauce pan, boil pork meat and onions in a liter of water for 30 minutes or until pork is half tender
- add in vegetables in and seasoned with salt and sinigang mix. serve hot…