Classic Fettuccine Carbonara
Fettuccine Carbonara………A truly classic recipe! Back home, this is the first pasta I have ever known. I did not know that it will be as easy to prepare as it only needs bacon, cream, egg and salt and pepper. some doesn’t even have cream. So, come in new zealand, I dont have this confident to bring this in our restaurant as it is very easy recipe that i am afraid no customer will appreciate and order this recipe. But my opinion was wrong, When I introduce it from the first day, it was a super blockbuster!!!! Well to make a little twist and non-traditional, i drizzle my carbonara with pesto sauce. just imagine, white creamy sauce blending with pesto-herbs sauce! yummm!!!!…………………Did you know that pesto sauce main ingredients is basil leaves? and basil leaves are Basil is also known to have extremely powerful antioxidant properties, especially when it is used in the form of an extract or oil. The natural antioxidants found in basil can protect the body against damage from free radicals, thereby preventing cellular aging, common skin ailments, and even most forms of cancer. Antioxidants are an important part of maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle, and basil may be a safe and effective source of these potent, life-giving compounds.
30 gms butter
120 grams cooked egg fettuccine noodles
1 pc egg
3 pcs streaky bacon (chopped and bit toasted)
50 ml cream
salt and pepper
drizzle with pesto sauce
in a teflon pan, pour in butter and bacon bits, add in egg fettuccine and pour in cream and seasoned with salt and pepper. simmer until its hot. drop in egg and remove from heat. drizzle with pesto and topped with parmesan cheese and garlic bread. serve hot!
Gourmet Pies – Mushroom and Spinach
pies….just playing with the layers of spinach in this pie, it is a simple pie made with traditional and all time favorite spinach and feta combination plus a herb roasted mushroom and bacon topping. You can never
Be wrong with this recipe, so simple tet very satisfing taste. Must try!!!!
Ingredients: makes 6 – 8 pies
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 18 pcs button mushrooms (cut in half)
- 5 pcs streaky bacon (cooked)
- 12 pcs fresh spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- salt and pepper
- mix dried herbs (marjoram and thyme)
- fresh chopped parsley
- Savoury pastry sheets approx 2 pcs 12 x 12
- grated cheese for topping
- In a muffin pan, spray oil and mold pastry sheets using a standard saucer. you can make pie molding of 6 or even 8 pcs on 2 pcs of 12×12 savoury pastry. Place and tear spinach leaves approc 1.5 pcs each molding. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk and cream and seasoned with salt and pepper and little herbs. Mix well. Pour in to pie molding about 3/4 full. Bake in 160 degrees at 20 minutes. Let it cool then Set aside
- heat a wide pan seared or pan roast mushroom and seasoned with salt and pepper and little herbs.
- Then assemble mushroom and bacon to pie molding topped with cheese. Bring to oven for same degrees allowing the cheese to melt for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite coffee or tea.