Salt and peppered Chicken……………….This baked chicken is very good filling for your sandwiches such as turkish chicken sandwich or cajun chicken wrap as I used this as my base filling for any chicken sandwich I want to make. Sometimes I even used this on my fried rice or saute’d vegetables. Bake it and keep in fridge and it will last for 3 days. The taste is so flavourful as we keep the chicken taste intact because I only used onions, salt and pepper to taste…………….Did you know that salt is a good source of sodium. The sodium in salt is very critical in maintaining human hydration. Some studies have confirmed the importance of a balance of electrolytes: sodium, calcium, potassium and magnesium. For instance, after exercise it is necessary to replace not only the water lost through perspiration, but the important electrolyte, sodium, as well. Because of declining renal function in the aging body, the kidneys retain less sodium. Changes in the intestinal function sometimes also lead to reduced absorption of many nutrients. These changes expose the elderly to an increased risk of hyponatremia. It is essential that the elderly maintain a stable sodium level in the body.
Ingredients: can make up to 10-15 sandwiches of different kinds
- 1.5 kilogram breast fillet
- 2 tbsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp ground salt
- 1 large onions sliced
- In a roasting tray, spread salt and pepper to chicken evenly and cover with sliced onions. Rub well
- Then Bake for 45 minutes at 170 degrees. cover with foil
- When the timer is off, allow 10 minutes resting time. then cut to your desired thickness
- Grab a toast and eat it….
Chicken wrap…a healthy mix of veggies combined with baked chicken. You can also use wide variety of meat like roast lamb, roast beef, seafood like fried calamares, fried fish and more…The first time I tasted this in NZ, It reminds me of philippines shawarma, they said the best shawara was in our place, Quezon City-tandang sora……Did you know that serving a baked chicken in your diet, you take a lot of percentage of the niacin, or vitamin B-3, you need each day. The niacin in baked chicken helps to improve your body’s circulation and ability to make a variety of hormones. You also take in some percentage of the daily recommended amount of selenium, which plays a critical role in fertility and protects your immune function
Ingredients: serves 4-6 wraps
- 750 gms baked chicken breast(baked in 180 degrees for 30 minutes rubbed with salt & pepper)
- 6 pcs tortilla wraps
- 1 small carrots grated
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 200 gms mesclun salad greens
- 2 pcs tomatoes sliced
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 medium white onions sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tsp cajun powder (1 tsp each wrap)
- 6 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (1 tsp for each wrap)
- 6 tbsp hot sauce (1 tsp for each wrap)
- Using your imagination, wrap the following ingredients. cover with foil and toast for about 5 minutes.
Enjoy with a glass of juice…great for your lunch box too…….