11 spiced bbq porkchops
Want something new on your dinner/lunch menu? Something that has the restaurant flavour but easy to prepare and execute? Well, if that sound you, you need to try this recipe. Its as easy as one two three… as we continue to create recipe on our 11 spice hotchips powder/bbq rub, we would like to share this recipe to you guys. . . . But before that, we will go with some healthy benefits of what ingredients we were using…Did you know that this recipe is mainly made with lots of garlic. Garlic can improve a person’s immune system. It has anti-cancer components that can prevent colon cancer and stomach cancer. People with more garlic in their food intake or diet have less riskof colorectal cancer or pancreatic cancer. Garlic supplementation can also reduce the development of cancer cells among people with family history of breast, prostate and throat cancers. Also, it is found that aged garlic lowers heart and intestinal damage common to chemotherapy patients…
So here is the recipe:
1 whole garlic chopped
2 tbsp 11 spice hot chips powder
1/4 cup light soy sauce
Salt and pepper
1 whole lemon juice
1 kg pork chops
4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup water
1. Marinade by combining all ingredients together. (Mix all ingredients except pork and mix well, then combine pork) Let it set for 24 hours or overnight
2. Your choice- pan grill or bbq.
3. Brush with remaining marinade mix. Enjoy!!
Pork Barbeque on sticks
Pork barbeque….this is a very popular street food in my country. You will find this food in almost every corner of streets especially during afternoon time. It is great for snack and “pulutan” (appetizer) for alcoholic beverages such as beer and wines. On that same food stall, we are also selling all kinds of BBq, to name some, we have, Paa ng manok(chicken feet), Betamax (blood of pig), Bbq intestines (chicken or pork) and more….
Did you know that Pork is the number one dietary source of thiamin and it offers an impressive amount of vitamin B as well. Pork is naturally low in salt and a rich source of good quality protein…But too much eating of pork especially its fat can lead to some serious health problems.
Ingredients: makes 12-15 skewers
- 500 grams pork meat – thinly slice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sprite or soda
- 1 tbsp lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- in a container, mix all ingredients except pork meat. mix well then add in pork and rubbed evenly
- place 4-5 pcs of porkmeat on a skewer(bamboo stick should be soak to water for atleast 2 hours to prevent from burning)
- best marinate for atleast 3 hours before grilling. brush the remaining marinade mix upon grilling your bbq..