Pinangat na Salmon Head
Salmon Head………As part of our 5 dollar challenge meal in our house, one of the list is this recipe. It is a fish recipe where in you just place all ingredients and boil it. Yes, it is very easy to cook. Well, you can not be wrong with salmon. Even it is the head part, it is very tasty and full of flavour.”pinangat” means a dish cooked with sour ingredients like vinegar, lemons, calamansi or tamarind. There are wide variety to cooked this dish depending on your taste. Must try!……………………Did you know that salmon is the healthiest food in the planet? Aside from its high content of omega-3 fatty acids, it is also a good source of Vitamin D as well. Vitamin D has been shown to play a crucial role in lowering the risk of several types of cancer, including breast, prostate, and colorectal cancer. Salmon contains particularly high levels of vitamin D and selenium, which is also associated with prevention of certain types of cancer, including colorectal cancer.
Ingredients: serves 2-3 persons
- 2 heads of salmon cut into half
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium size tomatoes quartered
- 1 medium size onions sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 2 pcs dried chillies optional
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup vinegar.
- In a medium wide saucepan, place and arrange everything except bok choy and bring to boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add in bok choy and boil for a minute.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and a dipping sauce made of fish sauce and chillies
Meaty Beef Bones with Black Beans and Bok choy
Do you like Black bean sauce? well, you need to try this..It is a stew of meaty beef bones and veggies like black beans and bok choy. This is one of my wife specialty home cooking. 100 % Made with love. For those who love black beans, I already posted some of it here in my blog, you can try fried fish with tausi or black beans and Pork spareribs with black bean sauce.I might also try stir-fry chicken in black bean sauce as it is very popular in chinese takeaways………..Did you know that black beans are very low in calorie and almost fat-free. They are great for the health and should be the part of our daily diet. Black beans are also one of the healthiest foods that you can have in your diet. These wonder beans are highly rich in vitamins, minerals and known for their antioxidant properties. Eating these regularly can make you a much healthier person and also you can be free of lots of diseases as well.
Ingredients: good for 3-4 persons
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ginger sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 kilogram meaty beef bones,cut into serving pieces
- 1 liter water
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 1 small can of black beans (use 3 tbsp and mashed it)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- light soy sauce
- In a large sauce pan, pour water and beef bones. boil for 30 minutes or until beef is tender, set aside beef and save some beef stock.
- heat oil in pan and saute garlic, ginger and onions. Saute for 2 minutes then add beef bones. saute until beef is golden brown.
- Add black beans and soy sauce. Continue stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of beef stock and boil for another 5 minutes. you can add beef stock if you wish more soup to the stew.
- then add bok choy and sesame oil
- Serve hot and enjoy!!!!!
Baby Bok Choy with Chilli Dressing
Bok choy or Chinese white cabbage. A simple and very healthy dish. This leaf vegetable is a member of the cabbage family and very popular in Asian cuisine. Did you know that Bok Choy is a good source of vitamins and minerals specifically rich in indoles. Preliminary studies suggest that these photochemicals may help prevent breast cancer…So ladies,,,lets cook and eat bok choy.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 1-2 minutes. serves for 2-3 person
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 finely sliced diagonally red chillies
- 2 finely chopped cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp japanese rice wine (mirin)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 500 g. or 1 bunch baby bok choy
- For the dressing, combine ginger, chilli, garlic, sesame oil, japanese rice wine (mirin), soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl.
- In a large saucepan, blanch the whole baby bok choy in boiling water for 1 minute, then place in a serving plate. Drizzle with the dressing.
Best with fried dishes such as Deep fried Fish, Porkchops and even on steam fish….