Lea’s Brazo de Mercedes
This is the first time my wife bake this, a special request from me as our dessert this holiday season. If you looking for a quality dessert with a very reasonable price of ingredients, this is the answer. It is mainly made with eggs and condensed milk. Believe it or not, We made this 4 consecutive days as our dessert. Because we had 4 consecutive days of invitation to our friends. So if you’ll invite me to your place, My wife will be very happy to bake this for you.(by the way, this will be the second time I will be posting this recipe)……………….Did you know that eggs promote healthy hair and nails because of their high sulphur content and wide array of vitamins and minerals. Many people find their hair growing faster after adding eggs to their diet, especially if they were previously deficient in foods containing sulphur or B12………
- 10 raw eggs, separate yolks from white
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 tbsp confectioner sugar
- 1 can 14 oz condensed milk
To prepare custard:
- In a saucepan using low heat settings, whisk egg yolks then add condensed milk, vanilla extract. cool down and set aside
To prepare merengue:
- In a mixing bowl, pour in egg white and cream of tartar and mix using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. add in caster sugar in small quantities and whisk.
- Pre-heat oven at 170 degrees celsius. In a cookie pan, spray oil and place baking paper, spread merengue using a spatula evenly. You can use fork to create lines and designs. Bake for atleast 10 minutes or until lightly brown. cool down and set aside and dust with sugar confectioner
- flip over the merengue and spread custard evenly. again, dust it with sugar confectioner
- Then slowly roll over the cake to form a cake roll look-alike. Be gently.
- Place in fridge for minimum of two-hour.