Wedges…A popular european appetizer, snack or even breakfast..It’s great with a bottle of beer in a pub & cafe and elsewhere…I remember when we go out with friends during late night, the only choices we had for appetizer would be french fries, wedges or chicken wings.(because the Chef already go home)..so we go for wedges, I think everybody can make it……..Did you know that baked potatoes are considered a good carbohydrates that is high in dietary fiber if eaten skin and all. Potatoes are also rich in Vitamin-C, B-complex and minerals like potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc are good source for our skin care.
Warning: Have this meal occasionally, because many people eat potatoes in the form of oily french fries or potato chips and “this bakedwedges” that make potatoes a potential contributor to heart diseases….
Ingredients: (good for sharing)
- 150 grams potato wedges (skin on)
- 50 grams grated cheese
- 50 grams mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Pre-heat oven at 170 degrees celsius for 5 minutes.
- In a baking pan…Pour in wedges and cheese, salt & pepper then bake it for 15 minutes
- Transfer in a serving plate, pour gently your tomato sauce & mayonnaise, serve with a dip (sour cream or any cheese dip)
- Have a bottle of beer & enjoy!!!!!!
Omelette…An all day breakfast dish that is so popular in our cafe…specially this ham, cheese and Onions. Its a simple dish that everyone can cook and enjoy…best serve with salad greens or just a toast of bread….Did you know that eggs are a good source of choline. One egg yolk has about 300 micrograms of choline. Choline is an important nutrient that helps regulate the brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system….Eggs may prevent breast cancer. In one study, women who consumed at least 6 eggs per week lowered their risk of breast cancer by 44%…
Ingredients (good for sharing)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onions
- 3 pcs of eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup cheese
- 2 pcs of ham
- salt & pepper
- chopped parsley
- In a small pan, heat oil and saute onions. let it caramelize for 2-3 minutes in low heat settings. then add in sugar for quick caramelization… add in ham, salt & pepper & parsley. set aside.
- in a mixing bowl, beat egg & cream & pinch of salt. beat well.
- In a teflon pan. add a little oil the pour over beated egg mixtures. form a pancake look a like. dont over cook the egg.
- add in your ham & onions mixtures on top, pour over cheese then bake it to 180 degrees for just a minute or less. when your omelet is fluffy but still juicy, remove from oven. and serve hot!!
- Enjoy!! best paired with salad greens or a garlic bread.