Chicken and papaya soup………….. When you feel sick or unwell due to some hangover, lack of sleep or even headache, I highly recommend you to have this dish. It is a soup made with papaya, ginger and chicken. This dish is considered to be a variation of a tinola (PHI chicken soup) as it is composed of garlic, ginger and onions……………………….Did you know that ginger has been known for its healing properties. Fresh ginger juice if applied to minor burns as well as skin irritations provides immediate relief for some people where as ginger oil is used in spas and saloons for a perceived refreshing effect on one’s mind and a potential ability to reduce arthritic pain. Another is, Ginger can also be used for reducing toothache and the discomfort which arises due to the infection in the upper respiratory tract due to its antibacterial and antifungal nature.
Ingredients: good for 4-6 persons
- 12 pcs chicken wings
- 2 small ripe papaya
- 3 pcs large green chillies
- 1/2 cup of ginger Julienne sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium white onions sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt and ground pepper
- 1 litre water
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger. then add in chicken and saute for 10 minutes allowing the chicken flavor to come out. Season with salt and pepper
- add in water and boil and cook for about 15 minutes. then add in vegetables.
- Adjust taste by adding a fish sauce.
- Serve hot!