I remember before I went to New Zealand, there s a new Inasal Restaurant in th Philippines that offers a “rice all you can” when you order one of chicken Inasal meal. I used to have my lunch there especially when I am busy preparing my documents going here in NZ. They serve the Inasal with achara and sinamak(vinegar, chillies & garlic, onions, ginger)….Did you know that chicken is a good source of protein, as it contains very little fat compared to other sources of meat. However, if you have a severe cholesterol problem, then chicken may not be good for you, as it contains a considerable amount of cholesterol….
Ingredients:(serves 6 person or 6 skewers)
- 6 pcs thigh and legs (cut in serving size)
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup vinegar(should be made in the philippines – cane vinegar)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 pcs calamansi / 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp achuete oil
- 3 tbsp margarine melted
- 6 pcs barbeque sticks
- In a container, mixed all ingredients together except chicken, mix well. add chicken and rub evenly. Cover container and marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- place chicken meat in a skewer, save the remaining marinade mix for brushing.
- In a griller, preferably charcoal grill if you have…grill chicken and brush every 5 minutes of the remaining marinade mix
- Serve with achara or sinamak sauce(1 cup vinegar, chillies, 3 cloves crushed garlic, 1 med onions & some ginger)
To make achara: go to my food blog “search” and type achara