Pepsi Chicken………………..This is just out of curiosity recipe. Since I posted Coca-cola chicken maybe 2 years ago which turns out to be one of my popular post during that year. It came to my mind that i want to try it again. Because when you do food blogging at home, everyday is a different meal for us as I post every single recipe I cook at home. So back to the coca cola chicken, I was in the middle of cooking where everything is ready; I saute the onions, garlic ginger chicken, I add the condiments and last would be the coke as my substitute for water. When I opened my cup board. I saw ….. Yes I saw a PEPSI!!! and Its PEPSI MAX, no sugar! Wow, I said OMG! Since I think it is a soda as well minus sugar. I give it a try! Sorry Coca cola, you didn’t give me an advertisement for my post! and it taste good, maybe even better! (hahahaha coke) well, I like both Pepsi and Coke!…….Must try!
- 3 cloves garlic
- 50 gm of thinly sliced ginger
- 1 kg chicken thigh and legs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 vinegar
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- pepper corn and salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup pepsi(softdrinks)
- 1 tbsp dried chillies(optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- dried chillies
- Saute and brown chicken in a heavy skilletby adding a little oil
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, bay leaves, sugar, salt, peppercorn, dried chillies and pepsi.
- Bring to a boil, simmer for 20 mins
- Cover and let simmer until it becomes tender. and all the juice is absorbed. add sesame oil before serving
Lemon and Herb Chicken from “Nandos Restaurant”….. Just to promote our favourite chicken barbeque restaurant here in NZ. I am happy to share you once again this chicken barbeque recipe. It is my version of “Nandos” Lemon and Herb Chicken. It is a combination of lemon and chillies and different herbs. (Hey nandos, you might want to give me some food voucher for this free ads, hahaha LOL) Yumm!!!!! Who can say no to barbeque, well I cant!!! Must try!
- 1 kilo chicken wings (on stick)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp mix herb of thyme, marjoram and rosemary
- juice from 3 pcs of lemon
- some chillies, chopped and depends how hot and spicy you want.
- 1/2 cup banana ketsup.
- In a container with cover, combine all ingredients together and rubbed the chicken. Marinate for a minimum of two hours or better overnight.
- Best grilled using charcoal or simply in oven.