Salmon Head………As part of our 5 dollar challenge meal in our house, one of the list is this recipe. It is a fish recipe where in you just place all ingredients and boil it. Yes, it is very easy to cook. Well, you can not be wrong with salmon. Even it is the head part, it is very tasty and full of flavour.”pinangat” means a dish cooked with sour ingredients like vinegar, lemons, calamansi or tamarind. There are wide variety to cooked this dish depending on your taste. Must try!……………………Did you know that salmon is the healthiest food in the planet? Aside from its high content of omega-3 fatty acids, it is also a good source of Vitamin D as well. Vitamin D has been shown to play a crucial role in lowering the risk of several types of cancer, including breast, prostate, and colorectal cancer. Salmon contains particularly high levels of vitamin D and selenium, which is also associated with prevention of certain types of cancer, including colorectal cancer.
Ingredients: serves 2-3 persons
- 2 heads of salmon cut into half
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium size tomatoes quartered
- 1 medium size onions sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 2 pcs dried chillies optional
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup vinegar.
- In a medium wide saucepan, place and arrange everything except bok choy and bring to boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add in bok choy and boil for a minute.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and a dipping sauce made of fish sauce and chillies
As I read the label of a bottle of sweet chili sauce…I notice a recipe of a chicken using this sauce…Out of curiosity, I tried it. And its awesome, Just made a little revisions to make it more flavorful. . .Did you know that chickens are rich source of a variety of essential nutrients and vitamins, which assist in strengthening the immune system of the body. Chicken is also good source of niacin, a B-vitamin that protects the body against cancer. Chicken is also reputed to be one of the safest meats available, as it is least associated with any side-effects of consumption….
Ingredients: (good for 3-4 persons)
- 1 whole chicken approx 1 – 1.3 kilo
- 1 cup of sweet chilli sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp of mixed herbs
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of pineapple juice
- In a container, pour all ingredient except chicken and mix well. add in chicken and rub evenly. cover and marinate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven for 5 minutes at 160 degrees celsius. On the same temperature, place chicken (thigh up) and baked for 45 minutes. (brush every 10 minutes with the remaining marinade mix)
- serve hot!!!
I love this dish, It’s a mix of pumpkin, chicken & peppers(capsicum) but preparing this dish needs a lots of patience…To be honest, the process is too long, but as they say..At the end of the journey, there’s always a surprise waiting…So, Lets start with the ride….Did you know that chilli contains seven times more vitamin C than orange…It is also an excellent source of Vitamin A & B… Recent studies prove that consuming just a little chilli pepper (fresh or dried) each day helps us fall asleep, and stay asleep longer. And adding a little fresh-cut chili to your evening meal may also help you feel more awake the next day. Ingredients: makes 20-25 pcs of pumpkin cake
- 1 kl pumpkin (roast at 180 degrees for 1 hour, peeled & seeds out)
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 3 bell peppers (red, green & yellow)
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 500 gms baked chicken breast(baked at 180 degrees for 45 minutes just seasoned with salt & pepper)
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp of salt & pepper
- 3 pcs eggs
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients…Mix well using your hands.
- Grab a handful of mixtures approx 120 gms and form in a circle / or a mini cake. makes 20-25 pcs approx or more
- In a pan, heat little oil, and seared pumpkin cake on both sides. place in a baking tray.
- Pre-heat oven, and bake your pumpkin cake for 15 minutes.
- You can store in fridge and heat upon serving. Serve with chilli pepper sauce.