Curry……..I got this recipe from a magazine (forgot the title) while I am waiting for my daughters swimming lesson. I am very intrigue because usually curry comes with a lots of sauces. So when I got home, I am very eager to try it since I am planning for a chicken dish. It is really nice, the flavour is compact and it is best with chips. So I have an instant curry chicken and chips……………..Did you know that curry powder is actually a mixture of many number of spices, one main spice in most curry powders is turmeric. This is the spice that gives curry it’s yellow color and is also responsible, at least in part, for some of the health benefits of curried dishes. They said turmeric is 8 times stronger than vitamin C and helps boost our immunity, maintains good cholesterol level and lastly, put brakes your aging….
Ingredients: good for 3 to 4 persons
- oil for frying
- 6 pcs chicken thighs
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- in a container, place chicken and rubbed with garlic, salt & pepper, curry powder and coconut cream. marinate for about 1 hour.
- In a frying pan or deep fryer, fry chicken wings until golden brown.
- serve with steamed rice and hot sauce
This is my wife home cooking, A local dish she learned from her grand mother. You can enjoy pairing this with fried fish or pork. A simple dish that full of healthy ingredients. . . Did you know that pumpkins contains lots of anti-oxidant vitamins A and C, as well as zinc and alpha-hydroxy-acids which helps to reduce the signs of aging. It is also rich in beta carotene – Research shows that people who eat a diet rich in beta-carotene are less likely to develop certain cancers than those who fail to include beta-carotene-rich foods in their diet…
Ingredients: (good for 4-6 persons)
- 32 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 meduim onion
- 12-15 pcs shrimp
- 3 tbsp shrimp paste
- 1 small pumpkin(peeled and cut evenly bite size)
- 6-8strings of beans (cut 2 inched)
- 6-8 pcs ocra
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- In a pan, heat oil and saute garli and onion, add shrimp paste. add in pumpkin and simmer for 2-3 minutes. add in coconut milk, shrimp, ocra and string beans. bring to a boil until all veggies are half tender.
- seasoned with a littl smile and serve……