Steamed Crab……………Just recently we are craving to eat crab as we had like 3 days in a week eating this simple steamed garlic crab. It is a simple “halabos na alimango” in our country (a tagalog word for steamed Crab). We had our own unique ways of eating this cfrab as my wife had her own dipping sauce (sawsawan) as she want chillies and vinegar and I go for a bagoong na alamang (shrimp paste)…yummmm!!! A very fast dish to prepare but a very long way to eat….You know how to eat crab, takes time!! hahahahaha
- 4 pcs medium crabs
- some garlic and ginger
- little water
- In a pot with cover, place everything and bring to a boil in slow heat settings. When the crab turns orange. it is ready.
Adobo……….The first time I had a taste of this dish was I think back in the Philippines, to be specific I think it was in Dampa sa Libis. It is a famous fresh seafood wet market where in you will buy fresh seafoods or meat and let you decide how it will be cooked. It is a clean, great and comfortable place to enjoy your food. It is like a big wet market with restaurants on its vicinity. Now back to the dish, It is a crab cooked in our famous adobo way combined with ginger and kangkong……………………Did you know that crab is a good source of lean protein, which has high protein which is good for athletes or body builders who doesn’t want to eat fish. Crab are also a good source for chromium, which along with insulin helps in the metabolism of sugar maintaining the normal blood glucose levels. Also good for diabetic patients. ..
Ingredients: (serves 2-3 persons)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 pcs medium crabs
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 medium sliced onions
- 1 thumb size sliced ginger
- 1 bunch of kangkong (river spinach)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3 pcs dried chillies(optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- pinch of salt
- in a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onions and ginger, add in crab and seasoned with salt & pepper and add the rest of the ingredients except kangkong and simmer for 3 minutes. add in kangkong and boil for another minute. Do not over cook crab as the fats melts.
- serve hot!!
Crab n corn chowder…..the recipe is great for banquets and catering. I remember when I was working in banquets, this soup is quite popular on our set menu’s list. almost every functions, we had this soup….Did you know that crab meat contains omega-3 fatty acids, which help lower blood pressure and thus reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. In addition, omega-3 fatty acids are known to lower triglycerides, increase the supply of HDL or good cholesterol, prevent blood clotting and strengthen resistance to infections
Ingredients(serves 8-10 persons)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onions
- 1 stalk celery
- 6-8 pcs of crabmeat processed (cut in dice and leave 2 pcs for garnishing-cut strips)
- 2 pcs crab / or crab claws (to add that exquisite flavor)
- 2 cups of mixed veggies(more in corn, carrots, peas)
- 1.5 liter of water
- 1 cup flour dissolve in 1 cup water
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp grated cheese
- drizzle of olive oil
- a bunch of smile while cooking!!!!
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic onion and celery for 2-3 minutes. add in crab claws or whole crab and stir for another 3-4 minutes. add in crab meat processed, veggies and water. bring to boil then add cream & flour. seasoned with salt & pepper and mixed herbs.
- Add cheese and drizzle with olive oil before serving!!
- Best with garlic bread…