Cream de Fruta….This is a common dessert we serve before in banquet. Easy to prepare and taste sinfully delicious. Some prefer this with chocolate sauce, I prefer my one the just the fruit itself. Some people says, when you are drunk or drink excessive amount of beer and alcoholic beverages and want to “be normal” again, eat this dessert. Because the sweets present in the cream and fruits will lower the dizziness you feel….. I also remember my friend in macau(benjie), he made this really good, that was the first time I tasted crema de fruta overseas. . . . . . Did you know that the fruits i used here such as peaches are high in a number of nutrients your body needs such as niacin, thiamine, potassium and calcium. They are also high in beta carotene, an antioxidant that converts to Vitamin A, which is essential for healthy hearts and eyes. The darker the peach’s color, the more Vitamin A it has in its pulp. The antioxidants may also help in maintaining healthy urinary and digestive functions.
Ingredients: good for 6-8 persons or makes 1 standard pyrex rectangular
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups condensed milk
- 1 can fruit cocktail (900g or 2 cans 425 gm) drain and reserve the syrup
- 2 can of peaches (320 gm) drain and reserve the syrup
- 30 pcs graham crackers
- 3 tbsp gelatin powder dissolve 1/4 cup hot water then pour in fruit cocktail syrup
- In a mixing bowl, combine condense milk and cream and whip until fluffy
- In a square serving tray or pyrex, spread graham crackers.
- Using your imagination , assemble milk and cream mixture with fruit cocktail. Do it for 2 or 3 layered.
- top the fruits with cream last then add in gelatine mixture and garnish with slices of peaches.
- Place in fridge for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.