Don buri- anything or any food serves in a bowl and over rice. This recipe I made is similar to “KATSUBI STYLE” in Albany, since my wife always dine to japanese restaurant, I decided to make a week long japanese menu as our dinner…and the results is..after 3 days she doesnt want to eat japanese anymore…(hehehehe)….Did you know that vegetable in yasai itame such as beansprout contains all of the nutrients found in the various fruits and vegetables. It has protein, carbohydrates, major vitamin contribution: B vitamins, folate, vitamin C Major mineral contribution: Iron, potassium. thus, some studies says it may help with weight loss and improve risk markers for cardiovascular disease….
Chicken bread mix
- 100 gms chicken meat (sut into bite size)
- flour for breading
- 1 pc egg
- salt & pepper
- oil for frying
* coat chicken meat with flour then dip to egg then dip to flour again, fry until golden brown.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce(kikoman)
- 3 cups water
- 100 gms of grilled chicken bones (to get that smokey flavor)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch dissolve in 1 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 1 meium onions
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp hondashe (japanese MSG)
- 1 stalk of celery
- carrots & poato peel (optional)
- in a separate pan, heat oil and pan grilled chicken bones until darkly cooked. (to get that smokey flavor)
- In a large sauce pan, place all ingredients except cornstarch, sugar and kikoman.. boil for 30 minutes. set aside and strain.
- pour over sugar and kikoman..let it boil and add in cornstarch.. adjust your desired tickness by adding little water. stir well
Yasai Itame: (serves 3-4 persons)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onins
- 1 small bell pepper
- 100 gms beansprout
- 50 gms carrots julliene.
- 2 tbsp kiko man
- salt & pepper to taste
In a bowl, add a steamed rice and topped with chicken, yasai itame and pour teriyaki sauce.