Beef Flank with Egg Noodle Soup
Beef flank with egg noodle soup…, everytime we go to hongkong-chinese restaurant, this is one of our favorite item on the menu. It’s a huge serving of noodle soup that can be enough for two people.(I think almost saturday after church we go there and order this)….Did you know that beef is a good source of zinc, which is helpful for preventing the damage to blood vessel walls, which can contribute to atherosclerosis and is also needed for the proper functioning of immune system…and egg noodles are rich in iron, calcium and vit.A..
Ingredients per bowl:
- 80 gms egg noodles
- 120 gms cooked beef brisket with carrots
- 2 pcs of bok choy leaves
- approx 1 1/2 cup of beef soup stock
- toasted garlic
Ingredients for Beef Brisket: serves 6-8 persons
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onions (sliced)
- 1 kl beef brisket (cut in bite size)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup kikoman / soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red bean curd
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 pcs cinnamon bars (wrapped in a tea bag)
- 5 pcs star anise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 2 pcs carrots (sliced bite size)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- slices of onion leeks for toppings
- In a large sauce pan, bring to boil beef, water, celery, star anise, cinnamon bars & onions for 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
- In a separate pan, saute garlic, hoisin sauce, red bean curd, carrots and seasoned with salt & pepper, kikoman, sugar.
- remove cinnamon bars and add in your sautéed ingredients. Boil for another 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- You can serve in a bowl of steamed rice or topped to egg noodle soup and garnish with onion leeks.
Chicken Laksa with egg noodles
laksa….To be honest, I just watched this on television with the famous show “master Chef”, They are featuring Malaysian and Thai cuisines. Since I have all the ingredients on my fridge, the following day, since we have a visitor coming, I cooked it us our dinner. It’s very tasty meal savouring lots of spices such as ginger, chilli peppers, garlic, onions, coriander, curry, turmeric and more… . Delicious!!!….. Did you know that turmeric is well-known for its anti-inflammatory properties, It is a natural wonder and proving beneficial in the treatment of many different health conditions and can prevent breast cancer, leukemia, wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin and many more…..
Ingredients: good for 4-6 persons
in a mortar and pestle: grind the following
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 shallots
- 1 red chillies
- 1 green chillies
- 3 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 stems lemon grass
- 2 tbsp shrimp paste
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 whole chicken cut in serving portion
- 200 gms egg noodles
- 3 stems coriander
- 1 medium carrots cut in serving size
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- In a wok, heat oil and saute laksa mix, saute well.
- in a separate pan, heat oil and stir fry chicken until golden brown seasoned with salt & pepper
- combine chicken to wok of laksa and add in coconut cream, carrots and water. cook for 10 minutes
- add in egg noodles and cook for another 2 minutes
- serve hot with chopped coriander on top.