shrimp and egg saute…………………it is on of our common dish especially when we are lazy to cook. or everything is frozen in the fridge. There is hundred ways to cook and enjoy egg recipe. It is a best side dish to come with your breakfast, might be a sausage or burger patties, or even just a simple toast that will serve as your omelette and even fried fish as we Filipinos love to eat fried dish on breakfast accompanied by a fried rice…………………….Did you know that eggs are rich sources of protein that 2 pcs of eggs to be taken in the morning will be enough to supply all the protein you need for the whole day? and also, it is also very cheap.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 pcs eggs
- 1 large onions sliced
- 1 chopped onion leeks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pcs tomatoes quartered
- In a pan, heat oil and saute onions and tomatoes, seasoned with salt and pepper and add in leeks. crash eggs and stir until lightly cooked. do not over cook egg
- Serve hot on the side of any fried dishes.
tuyo(dried fish)………….It’s a common breakfast dish for Filipinos. It is best accompanied by a saute’d tomatoes, onions and eggs and off course the fried rice. While the dried fish is best dipped into a vinegar sauce with chillies. Believe me, after eating a lot of good food this holiday seasons, you will miss to eat this simple kind of meal. This is the last member of the “SILOG” family. to have a recap, I already posted chiksilog (chicken), Tocilog (pork) and more. I just bought the fish that I used here, because the last time I am trying to make a dried fish, the birds ate it all. It is usually cured by putting a lot of salt and let it dry under the sun for about 2-3 days. ……………..Did you know that dried fish is a completely natural product that retains the antioxidant and omega-3 benefits of fresh fish, while constituting a healthy and widely available food for both people and dogs. Fish helps to mitigate the occurrence of heart attacks and keeps the body’s circulation functioning well. Dried fish also provides an excellent source of protein with fewer calories than other foods such as beef. Most dried fish contains little salt or cholesterol while being high in essential vitamins and minerals. It also is low in saturated fat, which is known to aggravate or cause heart and blood-pressure problems……..
Ingredients: good for sharing
- 4 pcs of dried fish
- oil for frying
- 2 pcs eggs
- 1 whole tomatoes quartered
- 1 small onions sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups of fried rice
- In a pan, fry the fish in a little amount of oil. fry on your desired doneness.
- In another small pan, heat a littles oi land saute onions and tomatoes then seasoned with salt and pepper/ Stir in eggs and cook for a minute.
Tapsilog………….Another member of the “SILOG FAMILY”. For those who doesn’t know yet is – the word “SI” is for fried rice(sinangag) and “LOG” is for egg (Itlog). Then we add the first syllable of the meat name like this “TAP” for tapa (beef) and then the “SILOG” that makes it TAPSILOG. Again, for the recap. I already posted Tocilog, Chicksilog and more of them coming soon. This breakfast dish is best served with achara. It is very similar to Pork steak ala pobre and pork steak tagalog , beef steak because they are using soy sauce and garlic as their main ingredients. This is the most popular breakfast in the Philippines, I think every restaurant that serves breakfast offer this on their menu even in TURU-TURU(small cafe, cafeteria), Pares and Mami House and many more. It is the best cured meat because we dont use preservative…………..Did you know that beef is a good source of zinc, which is helpful for preventing the damage to blood vessel walls, which can contribute to atherosclerosis and is also needed for the proper functioning of immune system. Beef is also rich in phosphorous and iron. Phosphorous is necessary for strong teeth and bones and Iron helps carry oxygen in the blood, to all cells and muscles and prevents fatigue…………
Ingredients: serves 3-4 persons
TAPA Marinade mix:
- 500 gms beef sirloin or steak cut, blade cut beef
- 1 whole chopped garlic
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce or seasoning soy sauce
- 1 cup soda or sprite
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
You may also need:
- 1/4 cup oil
- some toasted garlic for toppings
- chopped onion leeks for garnishing.
- 4 Eggs – cook your way, either scramble, fried or even poached egg
- 4 cups cooked rice
- In a container with cover, just mix all tapa ingredients marinade mix together, rub evenly and mix well. marinate for a minimum of 12 hours allowing the beef to absorb all the flavor.
- In a teflon pan, heat oil and fry tapa on your desired doneness. usually Filipino loves their tapa welldone. remove tapa and set aside. save the remaining tapa drippings or oil for fried rice.
- In the same pan, pour cooked rice and stir well. this will serve as our fried rice.
- In a small pan, heat oil and cook your desired egg – fried or scramble
- Assemble in plate and garnish tapa with onion leeks and toasted garlic.