Hungry for breakfast?……Try an omelette. Its a quick and easy breakfast as you can add anything you want. My one is chorizo sausages, onions, capsicum herbs and spices plus my favourite garlic bread matched with a cup of coffee. This is a perfect breakfast for me…Yummm:……………Did you know that eggs are a very good source of inexpensive, high quality protein. More than half the protein of an egg is found in the egg white along with vitamin B2 and lower amounts of fat and cholesterol than the yolk. The whites are rich sources of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper. Egg yolks contain more calories and fat.
3 eggs with 1/4 cup of cream, slices of sausages, onions, capsicum, salt and pepper, chopped parsley and chili flakes. must try…………
Gourmet Pies – Mushroom and Spinach
pies….just playing with the layers of spinach in this pie, it is a simple pie made with traditional and all time favorite spinach and feta combination plus a herb roasted mushroom and bacon topping. You can never
Be wrong with this recipe, so simple tet very satisfing taste. Must try!!!!
Ingredients: makes 6 – 8 pies
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 18 pcs button mushrooms (cut in half)
- 5 pcs streaky bacon (cooked)
- 12 pcs fresh spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- salt and pepper
- mix dried herbs (marjoram and thyme)
- fresh chopped parsley
- Savoury pastry sheets approx 2 pcs 12 x 12
- grated cheese for topping
- In a muffin pan, spray oil and mold pastry sheets using a standard saucer. you can make pie molding of 6 or even 8 pcs on 2 pcs of 12×12 savoury pastry. Place and tear spinach leaves approc 1.5 pcs each molding. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk and cream and seasoned with salt and pepper and little herbs. Mix well. Pour in to pie molding about 3/4 full. Bake in 160 degrees at 20 minutes. Let it cool then Set aside
- heat a wide pan seared or pan roast mushroom and seasoned with salt and pepper and little herbs.
- Then assemble mushroom and bacon to pie molding topped with cheese. Bring to oven for same degrees allowing the cheese to melt for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite coffee or tea.
Shrimp and Egg Saute’
shrimp and egg saute…………………it is on of our common dish especially when we are lazy to cook. or everything is frozen in the fridge. There is hundred ways to cook and enjoy egg recipe. It is a best side dish to come with your breakfast, might be a sausage or burger patties, or even just a simple toast that will serve as your omelette and even fried fish as we Filipinos love to eat fried dish on breakfast accompanied by a fried rice…………………….Did you know that eggs are rich sources of protein that 2 pcs of eggs to be taken in the morning will be enough to supply all the protein you need for the whole day? and also, it is also very cheap.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 pcs eggs
- 1 large onions sliced
- 1 chopped onion leeks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pcs tomatoes quartered
- In a pan, heat oil and saute onions and tomatoes, seasoned with salt and pepper and add in leeks. crash eggs and stir until lightly cooked. do not over cook egg
- Serve hot on the side of any fried dishes.
Lea’s Brazo de Mercedes
This is the first time my wife bake this, a special request from me as our dessert this holiday season. If you looking for a quality dessert with a very reasonable price of ingredients, this is the answer. It is mainly made with eggs and condensed milk. Believe it or not, We made this 4 consecutive days as our dessert. Because we had 4 consecutive days of invitation to our friends. So if you’ll invite me to your place, My wife will be very happy to bake this for you.(by the way, this will be the second time I will be posting this recipe)……………….Did you know that eggs promote healthy hair and nails because of their high sulphur content and wide array of vitamins and minerals. Many people find their hair growing faster after adding eggs to their diet, especially if they were previously deficient in foods containing sulphur or B12………
- 10 raw eggs, separate yolks from white
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 tbsp confectioner sugar
- 1 can 14 oz condensed milk
To prepare custard:
- In a saucepan using low heat settings, whisk egg yolks then add condensed milk, vanilla extract. cool down and set aside
To prepare merengue:
- In a mixing bowl, pour in egg white and cream of tartar and mix using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. add in caster sugar in small quantities and whisk.
- Pre-heat oven at 170 degrees celsius. In a cookie pan, spray oil and place baking paper, spread merengue using a spatula evenly. You can use fork to create lines and designs. Bake for atleast 10 minutes or until lightly brown. cool down and set aside and dust with sugar confectioner
- flip over the merengue and spread custard evenly. again, dust it with sugar confectioner
- Then slowly roll over the cake to form a cake roll look-alike. Be gently.
- Place in fridge for minimum of two-hour.
Stir-fry egg and spinach
Eggs…………there are hundred ways to cook egg….I’ll teach you one easy and healthy way. Cook it with your favourite green leafy vegetables. Its one of the quick way if you want to pair your fried or grilled dishes. This is my favorite breakfast as I paired it with my dried fish (tuyo)…………….Did you know that the A and C vitamins in spinach plus the fiber, folic acid, magnesium and other nutrients help control cancer, especially colon, lung and breast cancers. Folate also lowers the blood levels of something called homocysteine, a protein that damages arteries. So spinach also helps protect against heart disease.
Ingredients: good for sharing
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 small onions sliced
- 3 fresh eggs beaten
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 pc medium tomato slices
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a teflon pan, heat oil and saute onions. add in tomatoes and seasoned with salt & pepper, add in spinach and stir with egg. continue stirring for a minute. do not over cook egg.
- Serve hot!
Omelette – Ham, Cheese & Onions
Omelette…An all day breakfast dish that is so popular in our cafe…specially this ham, cheese and Onions. Its a simple dish that everyone can cook and enjoy…best serve with salad greens or just a toast of bread….Did you know that eggs are a good source of choline. One egg yolk has about 300 micrograms of choline. Choline is an important nutrient that helps regulate the brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system….Eggs may prevent breast cancer. In one study, women who consumed at least 6 eggs per week lowered their risk of breast cancer by 44%…
Ingredients (good for sharing)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onions
- 3 pcs of eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup cheese
- 2 pcs of ham
- salt & pepper
- chopped parsley
- In a small pan, heat oil and saute onions. let it caramelize for 2-3 minutes in low heat settings. then add in sugar for quick caramelization… add in ham, salt & pepper & parsley. set aside.
- in a mixing bowl, beat egg & cream & pinch of salt. beat well.
- In a teflon pan. add a little oil the pour over beated egg mixtures. form a pancake look a like. dont over cook the egg.
- add in your ham & onions mixtures on top, pour over cheese then bake it to 180 degrees for just a minute or less. when your omelet is fluffy but still juicy, remove from oven. and serve hot!!
- Enjoy!! best paired with salad greens or a garlic bread.