Posted by nors
Chicharon? Fish Chicharon or cracklings……………….I am not sure if I will be posting this as it is made with fish skins. Well, these days lots of exotic foods arises into the market. So, lets consider this as one of them. one of rare food! Have you tried eating fish skins? Most of fish customers here in NZ loves to buy fish in fillets. So, it means fish heads, tails and skins are most likely going into rubbish. But we filipinos usually don’t throw anything on the fish. It has lots of use as the fish heads and bones can be used as fish broth or even a dish which I already posted such as sinigang na ulo-ulo or sour fish heads or pinangat na salmon head. I remember our old days in Japanese restaurant. We used to do this recipe everytime we cut a whole fish specifically salmon and tuna fish. Must try!
- 500 gms fish skins cut into strips
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup milk powder optional
- oil for frying
- In a container with cover, combine all ingredient together except fish skins, mix well.
- Then Dip fish skins in the flour mixture and cover. shake well allowing the fish skins to absorb the flour mixture.
- In a deep-frying pan, heat oil and fry fish skins until crispy and golden brown
- Best served with a vinegar sauce as dippings (vinegar + chilli plus salt and pepper)