It’s a healthy soup made of chicken, ginger and green vegetables…..If you have a hang-over due to excessive drinking-try this? If you are not feeling well due to some fever, cough, colds and etc – try this. Whenever me and my family feel unwell, I always cook a soup made with ginger and lots of green vegetables. It is very similar to Pinoy’s tinola as it has almost the same ingredients except the veggies. Actually you can use any vegetable you want as long as you like it…………….Did you know that ginger has long been used as traditional medicine for the treatment of cough and cold. Many people also find ginger to be helpful in the case of stomach flus or food poisoning, which is not surprising given the positive effects ginger has upon the digestive tract. ….
Ingredients: good for 4-6 persons
- 12 pcs chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup of ginger Julienne sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium white onions sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 pc courgettes
- 1 bunch bok choy sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt and ground pepper
- 1 litre water
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and ginger. then add in chicken and saute for 10 minutes allowing the chicken flavor to come out. Season with salt and pepper
- add in water and boil and cook for about 15 minutes. then add in vegetables.
- Adjust taste by adding a fish sauce.
- Serve hot!
Tinola…It’s a hot soup made of chicken using lots of ginger and some veggies…The best tinola I tasted was the one cooked by my fellow guardian and friend as well(jepoy). He taught me how to cook this recipe even we don’t have enough ingredients. The secret is on how you saute’ the chicken, You need to give more color, so you can have more flavor to the chicken. Imagine, we just share 1/2 kilo of chicken for 6-8 persons. He cooks well despite of limited resources. and that’s what I learned from him…..Did you know that sayote(choko or chayote) has no cholesterol or fat. Some research says eating soup made of chayote and its leaves is good for lowering high blood pressure & dissolving kidney stones….
Ingredients: (good for 5-6 persons)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onions
- 2 tbsp of ginger slices
- 1 kilo chicken( cut in portion size)
- salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 liter of water
- 2 pcs medium chayote (cut in portion size)
- malungay leave or bok choy(optional)
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion and ginger. add in chicken and saute well until golden brown then seasoned with salt & pepper
- add a liter of water and bring to boil. add chayote and malunggay leaves or bok choy. adjust your taste by adding fish sauce
- Serve hot!!